Athlon 1.2 Asus A7 mobo system can't detect SDRAM memory.

Learned scholars,

My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.

system: Athlon1.2, Asus mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,

Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.

recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.

Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
the cleaning with erasers too.

The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
reboot anymore

Any advise. Thanks

could be ur actual DIMM's,
"»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c73sn9$i22i3$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Learned scholars,
>
> My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.
>
> system: Athlon1.2, Asus mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
> 128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,
>

> Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
> help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
> plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.
>
> recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
> plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
> after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.
>
> Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
> ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
> possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
> the cleaning with erasers too.
>
> The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
> type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
> reboot anymore
>
> Any advise. Thanks

Also when ur cpu turns on, what beeping noices does it make? thats a good
way to trouble shoot a ram problem or video issue
"»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c73sn9$i22i3$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Learned scholars,
>
> My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.
>
> system: Athlon1.2, Asus mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
> 128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,
>

> Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
> help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
> plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.
>
> recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
> plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
> after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.
>
> Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
> ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
> possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
> the cleaning with erasers too.
>
> The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
> type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
> reboot anymore
>
> Any advise. Thanks

one long beep followed immediately by 2 short beeps.

Theo wrote:
> Also when ur cpu turns on, what beeping noices does it make? thats a good
> way to trouble shoot a ram problem or video issue
> "»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:c73sn9$i22i3$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
>>Learned scholars,
>>
>>My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.
>>
>>system: Athlon1.2, Asus mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
>>128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,
>>

>>Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
>>help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
>>plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.
>>
>>recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
>>plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
>>after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.
>>
>>Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
>>ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
>>possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
>>the cleaning with erasers too.
>>
>>The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
>>type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
>>reboot anymore
>>
>>Any advise. Thanks

oh thats a videocard issue usually, not ram. If u would have long beeps one
after each other that would be a ram issue

if u have a pci videocard, try changing slots, if its a agp 1) make sure its
properly in the slot, and if that doesnt work try another video card to see
if its the videocard thats damaged
"»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c74meb$i1kel$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
> one long beep followed immediately by 2 short beeps.
>

> Theo wrote:
> > Also when ur cpu turns on, what beeping noices does it make? thats a
good
> > way to trouble shoot a ram problem or video issue
> > "»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
> > message news:c73sn9$i22i3$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
> >
> >>Learned scholars,
> >>
> >>My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.
> >>
> >>system: Athlon1.2, Asus mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
> >>128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,
> >>

> >>Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
> >>help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
> >>plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.
> >>
> >>recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
> >>plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
> >>after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.
> >>
> >>Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
> >>ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
> >>possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
> >>the cleaning with erasers too.
> >>
> >>The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
> >>type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
> >>reboot anymore
> >>
> >>Any advise. Thanks

Thanks Theo

Theo wrote:

> oh thats a videocard issue usually, not ram. If u would have long beeps one
> after each other that would be a ram issue
>
> if u have a pci videocard, try changing slots, if its a agp 1) make sure its
> properly in the slot, and if that doesnt work try another video card to see
> if its the videocard thats damaged
> "»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:c74meb$i1kel$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
>>one long beep followed immediately by 2 short beeps.
>>

>>Theo wrote:
>>
>>>Also when ur cpu turns on, what beeping noices does it make? thats a
>
> good
>
>>>way to trouble shoot a ram problem or video issue
>>>"»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>>message news:c73sn9$i22i3$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...

»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon wrote:

now the beeping sound is no more after i adjusted the graphics card a
little. Then system instability came in. Sometimes it can be started
sometimes it can't. most of them time the system is on but the monitor
won't turn on. just the orange LED light is on on the monitor panel.

and when it can be started, then the hdd problems comes in. windows
file is missing. So when i tried to reinstall windows or repair win, by
booting with cdrom drive with win cd setup, the system just went into
a windows setup like usual initially but then just went on for another
reboot automatically.

Pls advise.