Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason ..

Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would
happen ?

Nothing on the CPu nothing on the heatsink ?

The reason i did this becuase the CPu was running WAY to hot, it was
running like 20c Ambient and 55 to 60 on idle and light load ?

I have two thermal compounds one i got with the heatsink which iam
using got it with my Vantec AeroFLow, someone said it was Artic Silver
3 i have NO idea if it is does not say that on the tube.

Anyway everythings ok now CPu at 46c idle at the momment, if i laped
the Heatsink prob 43c :)

Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
months since i applied it.

Thanks.

PS, Xp2400, 1.65 voltage.

> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
> months since i applied it.

This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

On Mon, 03 May 2004 20:45:08 +0200, Josef Varela wrote:

>> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
>> months since i applied it.
>
> This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

yeah, I would say so, since I've pulled cpu's that have been in the field
for 5 years and still had moist thermal compund. About as normal as a 4
pecker billy goat.

Maybe i should just get some thermal pads and use them.

On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:45:08 +0200, Josef Varela <darkpepe@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
>> months since i applied it.
>
>This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

Try Arctic Alumina.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:23:47 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
wrote:

> Maybe i should just get some thermal pads and use them.

Not unless you want higher temps.

Ed Light wrote:
> Try Arctic Alumina.

Or Arctic Silver Epoxy ... that certainly won't leak out :)

--
Michael Brown