Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason ..

Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would
happen ?

Nothing on the CPu nothing on the heatsink ?

The reason i did this becuase the CPu was running WAY to hot, it was
running like 20c Ambient and 55 to 60 on idle and light load ?

I have two thermal compounds one i got with the heatsink which iam
using got it with my Vantec AeroFLow, someone said it was Artic Silver
3 i have NO idea if it is does not say that on the tube.

Anyway everythings ok now CPu at 46c idle at the momment, if i laped
the Heatsink prob 43c :)

Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
months since i applied it.

Thanks.

PS, Xp2400, 1.65 voltage.
6 answers Last reply
More about took heatsink thermal compound left reason

    > Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
    > months since i applied it.

    This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 20:45:08 +0200, Josef Varela wrote:

    >> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
    >> months since i applied it.
    >
    > This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

    yeah, I would say so, since I've pulled cpu's that have been in the field
    for 5 years and still had moist thermal compund. About as normal as a 4
    pecker billy goat.

    Maybe i should just get some thermal pads and use them.

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:45:08 +0200, Josef Varela <darkpepe@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
    >> months since i applied it.
    >
    >This is normal, but 4 months is really a short time.

    Try Arctic Alumina.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:23:47 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
    wrote:

    > Maybe i should just get some thermal pads and use them.

    Not unless you want higher temps.

    Ed Light wrote:
    > Try Arctic Alumina.

    Or Arctic Silver Epoxy ... that certainly won't leak out :)

    --
    Michael Brown

AMD Heatsinks Thermal Compound CPUs Overclocking