NF-7 Ram combinations

Would the Abit NF-7 work ok with 2x256Mb 3200 dimms & 1x512Mb 2700?

I only ask cause PC World(uk) are selling the 256Mb 3200 for only £21.45 and
to set my system up with 1Gb thiw would appear to be the cheapest way of
doing, and according to the manual for the NF-7 it will only accept 2x3200
or 3x2700.

I would be running with an xp 2400+

Also what level of PSU would be recommended, I currently have a 300W supply!

Cheers

Soupladel

Soupladel wrote:
> Would the Abit NF-7 work ok with 2x256Mb 3200 dimms & 1x512Mb 2700?
>
> I only ask cause PC World(uk) are selling the 256Mb 3200 for only
> £21.45 and to set my system up with 1Gb thiw would appear to be the
> cheapest way of doing, and according to the manual for the NF-7 it
> will only accept 2x3200 or 3x2700.
>
> I would be running with an xp 2400+
>
> Also what level of PSU would be recommended, I currently have a 300W
> supply!

Should be fine with 2x256MB and 1x512MB. Memory will only run at 166MHz. Run
the FSB at 166MHz as well.
A good quality 300W power supply is the very minimum needed for a newer
system. Depending on the rest of you hardware, especially the CPU,
harddrives/optical and videocard, upgrading the PSU may be a wise choice.

"S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
> Soupladel wrote:
> > Would the Abit NF-7 work ok with 2x256Mb 3200 dimms & 1x512Mb 2700?
> >
> > I only ask cause PC World(uk) are selling the 256Mb 3200 for only
> > £21.45 and to set my system up with 1Gb thiw would appear to be the
> > cheapest way of doing, and according to the manual for the NF-7 it
> > will only accept 2x3200 or 3x2700.
> >
> > I would be running with an xp 2400+
> >
> > Also what level of PSU would be recommended, I currently have a 300W
> > supply!
>
> Should be fine with 2x256MB and 1x512MB. Memory will only run at 166MHz.
Run
> the FSB at 166MHz as well.
> A good quality 300W power supply is the very minimum needed for a newer
> system. Depending on the rest of you hardware, especially the CPU,
> harddrives/optical and videocard, upgrading the PSU may be a wise choice.

I was thinking about getting the new psu anyway, but I was noticing that the
NF-7 has two different power connectors (one i believe is for atx12v), does
this mean that you need to use both together or either at a time? and will
it require a specific PSU type?

Soupladel

Soupladel wrote:
> I was thinking about getting the new psu anyway, but I was noticing
> that the NF-7 has two different power connectors (one i believe is
> for atx12v), does this mean that you need to use both together or
> either at a time? and will it require a specific PSU type?

An newer ATX12V Intel 2.03 power supply will have the four wire +12V P4
connector, as well as numerous 4 pin Molex, 2 floppy, 3 pin sensor, and
possibly SATA power connectors. Look for a Sparkle/Fortron, Antec, or
Enermax unit.

If the motherboard has the connector, use it. On some boards its use it
optional. On others, mandatory. Consult the owner's manual.