2500+ Mobile

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I am getting this CPU in this week.
I will be installing it into a Asus A7N8X and have seen where ppl are
getting to 2700Mhz.

My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)
Anyone Know If Ill need to pin mod to raise Multiplier over 11 on this cpu.
I wouldnt mind seeing 12.5 or 13 but I doubt that will happen in my case...
As of now I have a 2100+ T-Bred @ 11x200 for 2200Mhz and its doin a good job
for a little over 1 year ... stable at 1.70Vcore/Thermaltake Volcano 9+
running at 3500RPM (to noisey at full tilt 5500RPM)
And system idles around 37c max load temps Ive seen is 53c under major
Gaming loads for Hours.
TIA for any advice on this cpu.
OZoNE

"OZoNE" <ozonerr@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:<40964cde$1_6@corp.newsgroups.com>...
> I am getting this CPU in this week.
> I will be installing it into a Asus A7N8X and have seen where ppl are
> getting to 2700Mhz.
>
> My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)
> Anyone Know If Ill need to pin mod to raise Multiplier over 11 on this cpu.
> I wouldnt mind seeing 12.5 or 13 but I doubt that will happen in my case...
> As of now I have a 2100+ T-Bred @ 11x200 for 2200Mhz and its doin a good job
> for a little over 1 year ... stable at 1.70Vcore/Thermaltake Volcano 9+
> running at 3500RPM (to noisey at full tilt 5500RPM)
> And system idles around 37c max load temps Ive seen is 53c under major
> Gaming loads for Hours.
> TIA for any advice on this cpu.
> OZoNE

Actually the default multi is 14x I believe, (it's a 133FSB chip, not
166) so you might need the wire trick to do 12,11, etc. I've got a
mobile 2400+ running 200x12 at 1.65v no problem. I need one wire on
my K7N2 Delta-L to select anything below 13x same as the T-bred 2400+
I replaced.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)

The MBarton 2400+ is cheaper and should reach 2400mhz easily.

rms

lee

You should easily hit 2.4ghz with a 2500+ mobile processor, do you need to
do any mods on the pins as the mobile is already multiplier unlocked? or am
i missing something else?

On Mon, 3 May 2004 09:44:12 -0400, "OZoNE" <ozonerr@zoominternet.net> wrote:

>:>I am getting this CPU in this week.
>:>I will be installing it into a Asus A7N8X and have seen where ppl are
>:>getting to 2700Mhz.
>:>
>:>My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)
>:>Anyone Know If Ill need to pin mod to raise Multiplier over 11 on this cpu.
>:>I wouldnt mind seeing 12.5 or 13 but I doubt that will happen in my case...
>:>As of now I have a 2100+ T-Bred @ 11x200 for 2200Mhz and its doin a good job
>:>for a little over 1 year ... stable at 1.70Vcore/Thermaltake Volcano 9+
>:>running at 3500RPM (to noisey at full tilt 5500RPM)
>:>And system idles around 37c max load temps Ive seen is 53c under major
>:>Gaming loads for Hours.
>:>TIA for any advice on this cpu.
>:>OZoNE
>:>
>:>
>:>
>:>
>:>-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>:>http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>:>-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

-----
Lee.

RMS, what voltages and motherboard are you using please?

Pete
"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)
>
> The MBarton 2400+ is cheaper and should reach 2400mhz easily.
>
> rms

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> RMS, what voltages and motherboard are you using please?

I'm running a 1700+ at 10.5x230 = 2.4ghz on a watercooled NF7-S.
Vcore=1.9v, Vdd=1.95v, Vdimm=1.9v, the last two are volt-modded. I've been
considering getting a Mobile Barton myself, and perhaps will when Doom3
comes out, I think I'd have a very good chance of hitting 2.6ghz stably. My
videocard (9700pro) is really the bottleneck in my system now tho.

rms

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Thanks to all..
2500Mhz sounds sweet.....
Ill let ya know what steppings i got as soon as it comes in.
OZoNE

The reason I asked is that I just picked up a mobile Barton XP 2600+ and it
is pretty impressive. I can run stable at 200x12 or 214x11 at 1.6 V, on
air. Unfortunately, 214x12 fails Prime 95 in seconds, but the former two
combinations have run for several hours. I am using PC 3500 ram.

Previously, I was running at a Barton 2500+ that was locked. The best I
could do was 209x11 at 1.8 V.

I initially tried the 1.8 V setting with the mobile chip and was having
lockups. Backing off on the V improved the stability. Tomorrow, I am going
to try 200x13, and see if it flies.

On another note. My +12 V line is at 9.6 V with DFI NF2 UI board. I am not
sure if this will cause any problems down the line.

Thanks,

> > RMS, what voltages and motherboard are you using please?
>
> I'm running a 1700+ at 10.5x230 = 2.4ghz on a watercooled NF7-S.
> Vcore=1.9v, Vdd=1.95v, Vdimm=1.9v, the last two are volt-modded. I've
been
> considering getting a Mobile Barton myself, and perhaps will when Doom3
> comes out, I think I'd have a very good chance of hitting 2.6ghz stably.
My
> videocard (9700pro) is really the bottleneck in my system now tho.
>
> rms

Andy

hi,
i am running a xp2500+ mobile on a nf7s v2.0
200x12.5 @1.75v 39idle 48max coolermaster aero+

absolutly no probs at all, didnt require any mods either
i suppose it depends on motherboards
it will run at 2.6ghz but fails prime after 30mins
booted at 2.7ghz but crashed in windows, highest volts ive used are 1.775v
but decided 2.5 was best temps/performance ratio

if u dont mind high volts and have good cooling its very possible to run it
at 2.7ghz
my cpu core is
AXMH2500FQQ4C IQYHA 0401XPMW

hope this helps
"OZoNE" <ozonerr@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> I am getting this CPU in this week.
> I will be installing it into a Asus A7N8X and have seen where ppl are
> getting to 2700Mhz.
>
> My main goal is 2400Mhz @ 200Mhz FSB (12x200)
> Anyone Know If Ill need to pin mod to raise Multiplier over 11 on this
cpu.
> I wouldnt mind seeing 12.5 or 13 but I doubt that will happen in my
case...
> As of now I have a 2100+ T-Bred @ 11x200 for 2200Mhz and its doin a good
job
> for a little over 1 year ... stable at 1.70Vcore/Thermaltake Volcano 9+
> running at 3500RPM (to noisey at full tilt 5500RPM)
> And system idles around 37c max load temps Ive seen is 53c under major
> Gaming loads for Hours.
> TIA for any advice on this cpu.
> OZoNE

> I am getting this CPU in this week.

Where did u get it?

--
|Hakamoto|Powered|by|AthlonXP|2500+@ 3200+|1.725V|
|MSI|KT6DELTA|LSR|512MB|DDR400|nVidiaGeForce4|