Wireless connection not found on start up

I'm sure this one has been asked before but I can't find the thread. I
have D-Link Xtreme G DI-624 router and two desktops (XP Prof. SP1 & XP
Home SP2). When I start up the SP1 desktop I always have to disable the
connection then enable it before it will "find" the connection. Any
suggestions are appreciated.

Hi,

Are you using the Windows Wireless Zero automatic configuration?
Make sure the service is set to automatic startup.

Click Start -> Run
In the Run screen type in services.msc and then hit OK.

When the Services window comes up, scroll down to Wireless Zero
Configuration and double click that.

In the Startup type drop down box, select Automatic, and then right below it
make sure you push the Start button to start the service. Then hit OK.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User