whats wrong with Athlon XP over Tbird chip?

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Windows XP
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 7:27:11 PM

help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

More about : whats wrong athlon tbird chip

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 7:27:12 PM

"Wayne Smith" <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
> and
> cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
> what
> are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o (
May 5, 2004 7:27:12 PM

In article <jJ7mc.38$hY.14@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, wsmith5
@rochester.rr.com says...
<help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
<cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
<are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne
<
<
<

That warm gassy feeling you're getting is because he's blowin
smoke up your ass.

Bill
Related resources
May 5, 2004 9:57:34 PM

Sounds like he's confusing Athlons with Alphas ....

"Wayne Smith" <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
and
> cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
what
> are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 9:57:57 PM

"Wayne @ W." wrote
> Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o (

Hi,
where did all you Wayne's come from :p
--
Wayne ][
Anonymous

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Wayne Smith" wrote
>> > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
>> > and
>> > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
>> > what
>> > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys
>

> "Wayne @ W." wrote
>> Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o (
>

> Hi,
> where did all you Wayne's come from :p
> --
> Wayne ][

It sure is Wayne'ing in this group. LOLOL

Wayne
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 11:11:57 PM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 15:27:11 GMT, "Wayne Smith"
<wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
>cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
>are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

Was gonna reply mate, but I can't take the risc - emulated or true.

BoroLad
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 11:42:28 PM

he's a diehard Mac-Fan to start with that's the begining of his problems
; )..........Wayne (really .....Wayne)
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 11:44:12 PM

Tell your friend to stop smoking crack.

athlon and alpha's share components and design characteristics of the Alpha
EV6 Bus architecture. The chips are nothing alike, nothing whatsoever.

NuTs

"Wayne Smith" <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
and
> cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
what
> are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2004 11:44:19 PM

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Wayne Smith" wrote
> > > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation
mode
> > > and
> > > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm
going
> > > what
> > > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys
>

> "Wayne @ W." wrote
> > Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o (
>

> Hi,
> where did all you Wayne's come from :p
> --
> Wayne ][

Hey I am a Wayne too!

-FSAA-
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 6, 2004 2:08:04 AM

On Wed, 05 May 2004 19:42:28 GMT, "Wayne Smith"
<wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>he's a diehard Mac-Fan to start with that's the begining of his problems
>; )..........Wayne (really .....Wayne)

Was waiting for the G5 answer do a search for:

X-86
emulation
opteron
64bit