whats wrong with Athlon XP over Tbird chip?

help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne
10 answers Last reply
More about whats wrong athlon tbird chip

    "Wayne Smith" <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
    > and
    > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
    > what
    > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

    Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o(

    In article <jJ7mc.38$hY.14@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, wsmith5
    @rochester.rr.com says...
    <help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
    <cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
    <are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne
    <
    <
    <

    That warm gassy feeling you're getting is because he's blowin
    smoke up your ass.

    Bill

    Sounds like he's confusing Athlons with Alphas ....

    "Wayne @ W." wrote
    > Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o(

    Hi,
    where did all you Wayne's come from :P
    --
    Wayne ][

    "Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> "Wayne Smith" wrote
    >> > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
    >> > and
    >> > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
    >> > what
    >> > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys
    >

    > "Wayne @ W." wrote
    >> Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o(
    >

    > Hi,
    > where did all you Wayne's come from :P
    > --
    > Wayne ][

    It sure is Wayne'ing in this group. LOLOL

    Wayne

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 15:27:11 GMT, "Wayne Smith"
    <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

    >help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode and
    >cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going what
    >are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

    Was gonna reply mate, but I can't take the risc - emulated or true.

    BoroLad

    he's a diehard Mac-Fan to start with that's the begining of his problems
    ; )..........Wayne (really .....Wayne)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Tell your friend to stop smoking crack.

    athlon and alpha's share components and design characteristics of the Alpha
    EV6 Bus architecture. The chips are nothing alike, nothing whatsoever.

    NuTs

    "Wayne Smith" <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation mode
    and
    > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm going
    what
    > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys..............Wayne

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > "Wayne Smith" wrote
    > > > help me our here a friend says this "it is stuck in X-86 emulation
    mode
    > > > and
    > > > cant run a 64bit RISC process like the other Athlons can" and I'm
    going
    > > > what
    > > > are you talking about? make any sense to you guys
    >

    > "Wayne @ W." wrote
    > > Sounds like your friend is misinformed. :o(
    >

    > Hi,
    > where did all you Wayne's come from :P
    > --
    > Wayne ][

    Hey I am a Wayne too!

    -FSAA-
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 19:42:28 GMT, "Wayne Smith"
    <wsmith5@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

    >he's a diehard Mac-Fan to start with that's the begining of his problems
    >; )..........Wayne (really .....Wayne)

    Was waiting for the G5 answer do a search for:

    X-86
    emulation
    opteron
    64bit