how to reverse text on mame

I've gotten a space invaders deluxe machine and the boards might be shot. I
may build a mame box to put inside of it, however, there is a half silvered
mirror that the space invaders played on. The monitor shows the image
backwards and the mirror reflects the image correctly. I'm looking for a
program for win xp that would completely reverse the image so that the half
silvered glass would reflect the image back correctly.

Anyone know of such a program that will allow this?

Thanks.

--
Later.

D.E.

Have a better one.

To reply, simply remove:forgetthespam.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:53:02 +0000, .D.E. wrote:

> I'm looking
> for a program for win xp that would completely reverse the image s

If you aren't absolutely set on using Windows, you can do exactly what you
want using Linux. There is a setting in /etc/X11/xorg.conf that will
turn the desktop screen anyway that you want it.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

D.E.,

I am not sure if this might help but I will give it a try. Inside of MAME
right click on the game/left click properties/select Diplay tap. Try to
modify "Flip Screen..., Flip screen left..., Rotation and Clean Stretch.

Lex

".D.E." <pinballguy6@hotmailforgetthespam.com> wrote in message
> I've gotten a space invaders deluxe machine and the boards might be shot.
> may build a mame box to put inside of it, however, there is a half
silvered
> mirror that the space invaders played on. The monitor shows the image
> backwards and the mirror reflects the image correctly. I'm looking for a
> program for win xp that would completely reverse the image so that the
half
> silvered glass would reflect the image back correctly.
>
> Anyone know of such a program that will allow this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Later.
>
> D.E.
>
> Have a better one.
>
> To reply, simply remove:forgetthespam.

Don't really know Linux that well and would like to stick with what I know.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

--

innocent_lamb <nospam@example.com> wrote in a cheese induced coma

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:53:02 +0000, .D.E. wrote:
>
>> I'm looking
>> for a program for win xp that would completely reverse the image s
>
> If you aren't absolutely set on using Windows, you can do exactly what
> you want using Linux. There is a setting in /etc/X11/xorg.conf that
> will turn the desktop screen anyway that you want it.

Ever get the impression that lamb would marry linux if he could?

haha just kidding

If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would
be a self conceded BIT*H. The same logic would also dictate that a
windows lady would be a dizzy blonde with lots of viruses! EEWWW!

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

See my custom built upright and cocktail cabinets at:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

Come to chat in #tombstones on preacher.foreverchat.net:6660-6667,7000

MAME: Forever Young!

In article <Xns964294133921supermappyREMOVETHIS@65.24.3.139>,
Super Mappy <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Ever get the impression that lamb would marry linux if he could?
>
> haha just kidding
>
> If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would
> be a self conceded BIT*H. The same logic would also dictate that a
> windows lady would be a dizzy blonde with lots of viruses! EEWWW!

LOL!

The Amiga would be the _legendary_ blonde girlfriend. The bomb shell of
her day. -Seen and used (blush) by a few oldtimers but emulated and
emitated by a lot of the new OSs...

Cheers
TXW

--
Just like the girl from Schöneberg, Germany :)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000017/

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:35:23 +0000, Super Mappy wrote:

> If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would be
> a self conceded BIT*H.

Humph... Cute and fluffy. Like me!

*tee hee*

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

" If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would
be a self conceded BIT*H. The same logic would also dictate that a
windows lady would be a dizzy blonde with lots of viruses! EEWWW! "

That was the funniest!

"Jacob Toxwenius" <canis_vulpes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <Xns964294133921supermappyREMOVETHIS@65.24.3.139>,
> Super Mappy <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Ever get the impression that lamb would marry linux if he could?
> >
> > haha just kidding
> >
> > If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would
> > be a self conceded BIT*H. The same logic would also dictate that a
> > windows lady would be a dizzy blonde with lots of viruses! EEWWW!
>
> LOL!
>
> The Amiga would be the _legendary_ blonde girlfriend. The bomb shell of
> her day. -Seen and used (blush) by a few oldtimers but emulated and
> emitated by a lot of the new OSs...
>
> Cheers
> TXW
>
> --
> Just like the girl from Schöneberg, Germany :)
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000017/

innocent_lamb's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:35:23 +0000, Super Mappy wrote:
>> If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would be
>> a self conceded BIT*H.
> Humph... Cute and fluffy. Like me!
> *tee hee*

Lamb, are you a linux lady?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:06:51 +0000, Hellmark wrote:

> Lamb, are you a linux lady?

I'm a lamb.

*fluff*

See?

".D.E." <pinballguy6@hotmailforgetthespam.com> wrote in message
> I've gotten a space invaders deluxe machine and the boards might be shot.
> may build a mame box to put inside of it, however, there is a half
silvered
> mirror that the space invaders played on. The monitor shows the image
> backwards and the mirror reflects the image correctly. I'm looking for a
> program for win xp that would completely reverse the image so that the
half
> silvered glass would reflect the image back correctly.

I have that setup in one of my cabs. I used the -flipx command line flag at
first but it didn't flip all games. So I scrapped that plan and swapped the
yoke wires on the monitor.

Dave

---

innocent_lamb's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:06:51 +0000, Hellmark wrote:
>> Lamb, are you a linux lady?
> I'm a lamb.
> *fluff*
> See?

Lambs can have genders and OS preferences, ya know.

Jacob Toxwenius wrote:
> In article <Xns964294133921supermappyREMOVETHIS@65.24.3.139>,
> Super Mappy <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Ever get the impression that lamb would marry linux if he could?
>>
>>haha just kidding
>>
>>If you could actually marry a linux lady I get the impression she would
>>be a self conceded BIT*H. The same logic would also dictate that a
>>windows lady would be a dizzy blonde with lots of viruses! EEWWW!
>

> LOL!
>
> The Amiga would be the _legendary_ blonde girlfriend. The bomb shell of
> her day. -Seen and used (blush) by a few oldtimers but emulated and
> emitated by a lot of the new OSs...
>
> Cheers
> TXW

......and I suppose that would make MS-DOS the stereotypical 'first
wife'; she may not have been much to look at, but:

- she didn't didn't cost you /nearly/ as much to keep satisfied as
your current one does.

- she was easy to turn on, and was ready for you in seconds. <EG>

- she never became frigid for no reason that you could see, then refuse
to talk to you until you pressed the right button.

- she was happy to do whatever /you/ wanted, /when/ you wanted, without
complaining that she was busy doing something else.

- whatever you told her to do, she did right away, without any endless
dialogue.

- she didn't care if she never got to talk to other wives, and never
complained about not being kept up to date.

- she didn't weigh /nearly/ as much as your current one does (who has
/no/ intension of going on a diet and seems to be determined to gain
as much as possible.)

- you could quickly tell her exactly what you wanted done, without
having to rack your brain trying to remember how you got her to do
it last time and knowing that you will probably end up doing it the
same way next time.

- if you made a mistake, she wouldn't make a lot of noise and make a
point of telling you /exactly/ what you did wrong.

- she may not have been as easy on the eyes, but she was /far/ easier to
figure out.

- if she had a problem, it was quick and easy to find out what the
problem was. (You have had to divorce, then re-marry your current
wife more times than you want to recall, and every time you have had
to start from scratch, usually not even knowing what caused your
divorce in the first place.)

- as long as you were careful about what she ate, you never had to worry
about her getting sick; she couldn't get ill just by talking on the
phone.

- she was /far/ more frugal; she was able to get everything that you
needed done finished faster than your current one can do even with
/20/ times the available resources!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Hellmark wrote:

>>Humph... Cute and fluffy. Like me!
>>*tee hee*
>
> Lamb, are you a linux lady?

Hellmark is hitting on you. Hellmark try the personals and leave the
lambs alone.

Try posting this:

Single white male, retro-gaming and gun enthusiast seeks female
companionship. Must have red state tendencies, like Linux, and trucks.
Dislikes: Microsoft, Outlook Express, Windows, RIAA, MPAA, and
sellers of roms on ebay. Cabinet building skills a plus!

--
FSogol

Sune Salminen's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> FSogol wrote:
>>> Lamb, are you a linux lady?
>> Hellmark is hitting on you. Hellmark try the personals and leave the
>> lambs alone.
>> Try posting this:
>> Single white male, retro-gaming and gun enthusiast seeks female
>> companionship. Must have red state tendencies, like Linux, and
>> trucks. Dislikes: Microsoft, Outlook Express, Windows, RIAA, MPAA,
>> and sellers of roms on ebay. Cabinet building skills a plus!
> ;-)

Actually, that sounds pretty good, think I'll use that