Mouse driver rejected by XP

I have purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse (NGS). The keyboard works
fine. When I installed the mouse the driver installed was a windows driver,
and the mouse would not work. When I try to install the driver that came with
the mouse (not digitally signed) I get the following message:

"The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device"

So I cannot get the mouse to work. Can I override this interupt ?. Surely it
is ME that should decide what I can and cannot do with MY computer, not an
operating system.

I hope I have not wasted my money.

Graham.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 04:21:01 -0700, Britbuild wrote:

> I have purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse (NGS). The keyboard works
> fine. When I installed the mouse the driver installed was a windows driver,
> and the mouse would not work. When I try to install the driver that came with
> the mouse (not digitally signed) I get the following message:
>
> "The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device"
>
> So I cannot get the mouse to work. Can I override this interupt ?. Surely it
> is ME that should decide what I can and cannot do with MY computer, not an
> operating system.
>
> I hope I have not wasted my money.
>
> Graham.

System Properties> Hardware> Driver Signing: change to "warn" or "ignore."
The "warn" setting will allow you the opportunity to move forward or cancel
the installation.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Tried that. Driver signing was already set to warn. I changed it to ignor
but still ended up with the same meassage : " class installer denied the
request etc.etc."

any more suggestions.

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Graham.

"Sharon F" wrote:

> System Properties> Hardware> Driver Signing: change to "warn" or "ignore."
> The "warn" setting will allow you the opportunity to move forward or cancel
> the installation.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Britbuild" <Britbuild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse (NGS). The keyboard
>works
> fine. When I installed the mouse the driver installed was a windows
> driver,
> and the mouse would not work. When I try to install the driver that
> came with
> the mouse (not digitally signed) I get the following message:
>
> "The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this
> device"
>
> So I cannot get the mouse to work. Can I override this interupt ?.
> Surely it
> is ME that should decide what I can and cannot do with MY computer,
> not an
> operating system.
>
> I hope I have not wasted my money.
>
> Graham.

Zim zim, ala bim, the spirits are about to speak. Please, oh spirits,
divine for us the make and model of this poor soul's mouse so that we
may have details to know of what he speaks but does not identify. Damn,
the battery just died in my crystal ball. Sorry. Tune in tomorrow,
same time, same channel.

Read:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:38:03 -0700, Britbuild wrote:

> Tried that. Driver signing was already set to warn. I changed it to ignor
> but still ended up with the same meassage : " class installer denied the
> request etc.etc."
>
> any more suggestions.
>
> Thanks for the quick response btw.

If you've allowed the installation of unsigned drivers then there is
something else wrong. Some thoughts:

You must be logged on as administrator to install drivers. Possibly your
antivirus program blocking scripting that the installer might use -
temporarily disable. If the drivers were downloaded, scan them first, then
disable. Or it could be a bad download/copy of the installer for the
drivers - download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Follow
their directions carefully for installation. Directions are usually posted
at the download site.

If you continue to have a problem installing, contact the manufacturer.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

slinger

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004

you can also try start ,contoll panel select mouse and other hardware this
opens the settings.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Britbuild" <Britbuild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse (NGS). The keyboard
> >works
> > fine. When I installed the mouse the driver installed was a windows
> > driver,
> > and the mouse would not work. When I try to install the driver that
> > came with
> > the mouse (not digitally signed) I get the following message:
> >
> > "The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this
> > device"
> >
> > So I cannot get the mouse to work. Can I override this interupt ?.
> > Surely it
> > is ME that should decide what I can and cannot do with MY computer,
> > not an
> > operating system.
> >
> > I hope I have not wasted my money.
> >
> > Graham.
>

> Zim zim, ala bim, the spirits are about to speak. Please, oh spirits,
> divine for us the make and model of this poor soul's mouse so that we
> may have details to know of what he speaks but does not identify. Damn,
> the battery just died in my crystal ball. Sorry. Tune in tomorrow,
> same time, same channel.
>
> Read:
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

Right Click My Computer and select Properties, select the Hardware tab. In the middle is a button
for driver signing, make sure it is set to Warn. That way you can install the unsigned driver.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+