Mhz per Buck

Glen

I currently running Mandrake Linux 10.0C AMD Athlon XP 1800+ my max FSB
is 400Mhz and my memory can handle the same. so i want to upgrade my
CPu. Any help on which on i should get?

Thanks guys
-Glen->

..

Mobile Barton XP-M 2400+
Running mine at 10.5 x 246 FSB on air.

"Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> I currently running Mandrake Linux 10.0C AMD Athlon XP 1800+ my max FSB
> is 400Mhz and my memory can handle the same. so i want to upgrade my
> CPu. Any help on which on i should get?
>
> Thanks guys
> -Glen->
>

> .

Glen

Scumball wrote:

> "Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>
>>I currently running Mandrake Linux 10.0C AMD Athlon XP 1800+ my max FSB
>>is 400Mhz and my memory can handle the same. so i want to upgrade my
>>CPu. Any help on which on i should get?
>>
>>Thanks guys
>>-Glen->
>>

>>.
>

> Mobile Barton XP-M 2400+
> Running mine at 10.5 x 246 FSB on air.

by "on air" do you mean with no extra cooling?

"Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:c7fsu4$i82$2@titan.btinternet.com...
> Scumball wrote:
>

> > "Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I currently running Mandrake Linux 10.0C AMD Athlon XP 1800+ my max FSB
> >>is 400Mhz and my memory can handle the same. so i want to upgrade my
> >>CPu. Any help on which on i should get?
> >>
> >>Thanks guys
> >>-Glen->
> >>

> >>.
> >

> > Mobile Barton XP-M 2400+
> > Running mine at 10.5 x 246 FSB on air.
>
> by "on air" do you mean with no extra cooling?

by "extra cooling" do you mean with non-stock heatsink ?

If so, then yes - I use a Thermalright sink.

Glen

Scumball wrote:

> "Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:c7fsu4$i82$2@titan.btinternet.com...
>
>>Scumball wrote:
>>

>>>"Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message

>> > Mobile Barton XP-M 2400+
>> > Running mine at 10.5 x 246 FSB on air.
>>
>>by "on air" do you mean with no extra cooling?
>

> by "extra cooling" do you mean with non-stock heatsink ?
> If so, then yes - I use a Thermalright sink.

not sure what you mean. so ill explain myself better.

the standard colling system a average computer has for a CPU is:

a dab of thermal compand
a heatsink
a fan

anything else or above is extra

Also i need to know a price, seen as im after the best speed per pound
(or dollar, if you american).

"Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:c7fu6k$6hd$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> Scumball wrote:
>
> > "Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message

FSB

> >>by "on air" do you mean with no extra cooling?
> >

> > by "extra cooling" do you mean with non-stock heatsink ?
> > If so, then yes - I use a Thermalright sink.
>

> not sure what you mean. so ill explain myself better.
>
> the standard colling system a average computer has for a CPU is:
>
> a dab of thermal compand
> a heatsink
> a fan
>
> anything else or above is extra

Then no, I just use a sink, fan and compound.

> Also i need to know a price, seen as im after the best speed per pound
> (or dollar, if you american).

Check excaliberpc.com or newegg.com - or overclockers.co.uk or cpucity.co.uk

>>>by "on air" do you mean with no extra cooling?

No Watercooling, what else?

Glen

Josef Varela wrote:

> No Watercooling, what else?
i smell, sarcasism

"Glen" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:c7gckr$h1$2@sparta.btinternet.com...

> > No Watercooling, what else?
> i smell, sarcasism

Peltier. Heat pipe. Immersing the motherboard in a non-conductive fluid
and cooling that fluid. Internal freon based cooler. Water cooling w/a
radiator. Water cooling with an evaporative tower. Etc.

I'm sorry you smell. ;)

>>> No Watercooling, what else?
>> i smell, sarcasism

> Peltier. Heat pipe. Immersing the motherboard in a non-conductive fluid
> and cooling that fluid. Internal freon based cooler. Water cooling w/a
> radiator. Water cooling with an evaporative tower. Etc.

What ever you put on your CPU it has to be cooled also. There are to ways
to take the heat form the heatsing, peltier, heat pipe or whatever: Air and
Water

Josef Varela wrote:
>> Peltier. Heat pipe. Immersing the motherboard in a non-conductive fluid
>> and cooling that fluid. Internal freon based cooler. Water cooling w/a
>> radiator. Water cooling with an evaporative tower. Etc.
>
> What ever you put on your CPU it has to be cooled also. There are to ways
> to take the heat form the heatsing, peltier, heat pipe or whatever: Air
> and Water

....well if a particular liquid and a particular gas work, why not ANY fluid?

Ben

>> What ever you put on your CPU it has to be cooled also. There are to ways
>> to take the heat form the heatsing, peltier, heat pipe or whatever: Air
>> and Water
>
> ...well if a particular liquid and a particular gas work, why not ANY fluid?

You can try filling pepsi, but I don´t think your watercooler will last
long...

"Josef Varela" <darkpepe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> What ever you put on your CPU it has to be cooled also. There are to
ways
> >> to take the heat form the heatsing, peltier, heat pipe or whatever: Air
> >> and Water
> >
> > ...well if a particular liquid and a particular gas work, why not ANY
fluid?

> You can try filling pepsi, but I don´t think your watercooler will last
> long...

And will last even less you if try filling it with EverClear :eek:)