re-installing windows xp

i would like to re-install windows xp, but when i do, i think my
internet connection will go back to it's default server, namely
supanet, and i couldn't connect to my chosen isp. i managed to disable
it last time by contacting supanet but it took forever to get through.
does anyone know how to disable it when i re-install so i can continue
to use my current isp, and i don't have to spend ages trying toi get
through to supanet? :(

--
jonny halligan

If you boot to xp cd,select install xp,new copy,delete the partition,create
one,
then let xp do a clean installation,you wont have a isp on starting
xp,you'll be
or have to set up as you wish to.Supanet wont exist...You can set up a
isp provider easily by going to run,type:inetwiz Follow the instructions,or
when xp gets running have youre desired isp software on a cd.

"jonny halligan" wrote:

> i would like to re-install windows xp, but when i do, i think my
> internet connection will go back to it's default server, namely
> supanet, and i couldn't connect to my chosen isp. i managed to disable
> it last time by contacting supanet but it took forever to get through.
> does anyone know how to disable it when i re-install so i can continue
> to use my current isp, and i don't have to spend ages trying toi get
> through to supanet? :(
>

> --
> jonny halligan

Jim

Of course all his personal files will be gone as well and he will have to
reinstall all his other programs too. All this for an internet connection?
Just get rid of the connection, there are tons of ways better than your
advice.
> If you boot to xp cd,select install xp,new copy,delete the
> partition,create
> one,
> then let xp do a clean installation,you wont have a isp on starting
> xp,you'll be
> or have to set up as you wish to.Supanet wont exist...You can set up a
> isp provider easily by going to run,type:inetwiz Follow the
> instructions,or
> when xp gets running have youre desired isp software on a cd.
>
> "jonny halligan" wrote:
>

>> i would like to re-install windows xp, but when i do, i think my
>> internet connection will go back to it's default server, namely
>> supanet, and i couldn't connect to my chosen isp. i managed to disable
>> it last time by contacting supanet but it took forever to get through.
>> does anyone know how to disable it when i re-install so i can continue
>> to use my current isp, and i don't have to spend ages trying toi get
>> through to supanet? :(
>>

>> --
>> jonny halligan

slinger

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004

depending on your isp i find bt yahoo over rides many of these problems your
having as everything is on one disc,you could also try going to start
,controll panel,add/remove programmes,this brings up a list of programs
installed on pc,click the program to be removed,it should then show
change/remove,,click remove,providedthat there is no other program the same
to be removed,in that case remove all of supanet,that should sort out your
problem