Is there a way to block windows update from detecting my m..

Is there a way to block windows update from detecting my modem?
Without messing up my modem or modem drivers

I have and Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem.

The reason is if I updated to the newer drivers. It disables modem on
hold feature.

Thank You

Greg Ro

The object would be to have Update notify you that there is an update but
you do a manual download of the actual update.That way you get to pick which
updates to download.These updates from MS should never include any updates
to any hardware not made by MS....you should get these updates from the
manufacturer of the device.
peterk

the problem
"Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to block windows update from detecting my modem?
> Without messing up my modem or modem drivers
>
> I have and Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem.
>
> The reason is if I updated to the newer drivers. It disables modem on
> hold feature.
>
> Thank You
>
> Greg Ro

At the bottom of the detected update for your modem is a check box that says
"Don't show this update again" select it.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:04:10 GMT, "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
wrote:

>At the bottom of the detected update for your modem is a check box that says
>"Don't show this update again" select it.

Duh, I know that. However, Microsoft gets newer updates and you
have to do it again and again and again.

Greg RO

Alan

Greg Ro wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:04:10 GMT, "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
> wrote:
>

>>At the bottom of the detected update for your modem is a check box that says
>>"Don't show this update again" select it.
>

> Duh, I know that. However, Microsoft gets newer updates and you
> have to do it again and again and again.
>
> Greg RO

Not everyone knows that... If Microsoft is constantly updating the
drivers then perhaps they are trying to fix the On Hold features.