Bulk email send -router problem?

sams

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002

Help!

I run my business from home, and after having problems bulk emailing on my
NTL Home broadband account, I switched to Business Broadband as they assured
me that this would fix the problem. Guess what? Still happening. Whenever I
bulk send (and we're only talking c 50 emails here), I get a Symantec message
saying the server was interrupted on each message, and then my outlook
crashes so that it can't send or received anything! I have a Netgear router,
but it doesn't make a difference I use it or not, and I also use Norton
Internet security. Does anyone have any ideas, because its driving me to
distraction!

--
SamS

"SamS" <SamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F734F6-90CD-4E2B-880E-0D1DCA274A1A@microsoft.com...
> Help!
>
> I run my business from home, and after having problems bulk emailing on my
> NTL Home broadband account,

Good! I hope the problems continue.

> I switched to Business Broadband as they assured
> me that this would fix the problem. Guess what? Still happening. Whenever I
> bulk send (and we're only talking c 50 emails here),

50 is 50 too many.

> I get a Symantec message
> saying the server was interrupted on each message, and then my outlook
> crashes so that it can't send or received anything! I have a Netgear router,
> but it doesn't make a difference I use it or not, and I also use Norton
> Internet security. Does anyone have any ideas,

Yes, stop trying to send bulk emails.

-- Bob Day

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Your a moron.

In article <90F734F6-90CD-4E2B-880E-0D1DCA274A1A@microsoft.com>,
SamS@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Help!
>
> I run my business from home, and after having problems bulk emailing on my
> NTL Home broadband account, I switched to Business Broadband as they assured
> me that this would fix the problem. Guess what? Still happening. Whenever I
> bulk send (and we're only talking c 50 emails here), I get a Symantec message
> saying the server was interrupted on each message, and then my outlook
> crashes so that it can't send or received anything! I have a Netgear router,
> but it doesn't make a difference I use it or not, and I also use Norton
> Internet security. Does anyone have any ideas, because its driving me to
> distraction!

Many email accounts, like yours, will be black-listed and then the ISP
will be black-listed. Sending limits are imposed by the ISP's settings -
as it seems you are using their server to relay through - and could also
be limited by your ending application or by your software.

If you have a NAT router you really don't need a software based
firewall, but you still need quality AV software.

Many AV products and Firewalls will kill a connection spamming the
Internet, and unless the people you are sending too were all asking for
your emails, then you are a spammer and should be shot.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Why is he a moron? I agree with him.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:43:41 -0400, "Bob" <Lkjjhuu@weppbv.net> wrote:

>Your a moron.
>"Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "SamS" <SamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Help!
>>>
>>> I run my business from home, and after having problems bulk emailing on
>>> my NTL Home broadband account,
>>
>> Good! I hope the problems continue.
>>
>>> I switched to Business Broadband as they assured me that this would fix
>>> the problem. Guess what? Still happening. Whenever I bulk send (and
>>> we're only talking c 50 emails here),
>>
>> 50 is 50 too many.
>>
>>> I get a Symantec message saying the server was interrupted on each
>>> message, and then my outlook crashes so that it can't send or received
>>> anything! I have a Netgear router, but it doesn't make a difference I
>>> use it or not, and I also use Norton Internet security. Does anyone have
>>> any ideas,
>>
>> Yes, stop trying to send bulk emails.
>>
>> -- Bob Day

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use bulk email as well. I use it to send customers specials that they have
requested to receive.Have you even thought that this could be the case with
the op? No you assumed like SamS that he was spamming. You can always ask
before making judgment. I think that is a moronic thing to do.

"NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> Why is he a moron? I agree with him.
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:43:41 -0400, "Bob" <Lkjjhuu@weppbv.net> wrote:
>
>>Your a moron.
>>"Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> "SamS" <SamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Good! I hope the problems continue.

>>> 50 is 50 too many.

>>> Yes, stop trying to send bulk emails.
>>>
>>> -- Bob Day

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I meant you assumed like Bob Day..........................
"NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> Why is he a moron? I agree with him.
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:43:41 -0400, "Bob" <Lkjjhuu@weppbv.net> wrote:
>
>>Your a moron.
>>"Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> "SamS" <SamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Good! I hope the problems continue.

>>> 50 is 50 too many.

>>> Yes, stop trying to send bulk emails.
>>>
>>> -- Bob Day

Disable Norton Internet Security and try it

Regards
Mark Dormer

"SamS" <SamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!
>
> I run my business from home, and after having problems bulk emailing on my
> NTL Home broadband account, I switched to Business Broadband as they
> assured
> me that this would fix the problem. Guess what? Still happening.
> Whenever I
> bulk send (and we're only talking c 50 emails here), I get a Symantec
> message
> saying the server was interrupted on each message, and then my outlook
> crashes so that it can't send or received anything! I have a Netgear
> router,
> but it doesn't make a difference I use it or not, and I also use Norton
> Internet security. Does anyone have any ideas, because its driving me to
> distraction!
>
> --
> SamS

In article <OdhJMiNiFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Ngg@ffgghhu.com
says...
> I use bulk email as well. I use it to send customers specials that they have
> requested to receive.Have you even thought that this could be the case with
> the op? No you assumed like SamS that he was spamming. You can always ask
> before making judgment. I think that is a moronic thing to do.

Most places that send bulk email, ones that follow the CANSPAM act and
also follow good manners, use a system that requires the recipient to
OPT-IN and does not default to opted-in. It also uses a system where
users can easily opt-out, opt-out their entire company without having to
opt-out each person, and also is sent from reliable, long term, non-
dynamic addresses, and also subscribes to one or more lists that permit
ISP's and other email providers to easily FULLY block them.

Any spam sent from a Dynamic Address is covered in most RBL lists, spam
from most people posting in here is from non technical types, ones that
get started with an idea and have no professional manners and ones that
don't understand how bad spam is.