board as good as good as abit nf7-s but with dual channel ..

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Abit an7 does support Dual channel. similar to NF7-s but with some little
suttle differences.

sam unwise wrote:
> is their one?

How about the NF7-S? It has dual channel support.

It actualy HAS dual channel memory support

How about ANY NF2 board ?

"sam unwise" <datrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is their one?

To confirm what others have said - the NF7-S does have dual channel mode
support itself.

Great m/b.

"sam unwise" <datrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is their one?

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"sam unwise" <datrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is their one?

Whose one?

"Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> How about ANY NF2 board ?

Nope..
the NF2 Chipset maybee
but not any NF2 board

"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > How about ANY NF2 board ?
> >

> Nope..
> the NF2 Chipset maybee
> but not any NF2 board

??
An NF2 board without an NF2 chipset ?
Duh !

> > Nope..
> > the NF2 Chipset maybee
> > but not any NF2 board
>

> ??
> An NF2 board without an NF2 chipset ?
> Duh !

NF2 Chipset supports dual channel memory but not all NF2 boards use all
abilities of NF2 chipset.

> > Nope..
> > the NF2 Chipset maybee
> > but not any NF2 board
>

> ??
> An NF2 board without an NF2 chipset ?
> Duh !

There is no NF2 board without a NF2 chipset..
I didnt say anything of the like either..

I must say that I dont write verry clearly..
But you read and understand worse than I write.

OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !

Scumball wrote:
> OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !

A7N8X-X, smartass.

Ben

"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > How about ANY NF2 board ?
> >

> Nope..
> the NF2 Chipset maybee
> but not any NF2 board

No, not any NF2 chipsets support dual channel....Nvidia currently make two
versions, the NF2 Ultra 400 that has dual channel (as used in the NF7-S by
the way) and the NF2 400 that is only single channel.....Read all about it
here: http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20031107/index.html

"BigBadger" <big_badger@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> --
> No, not any NF2 chipsets support dual channel....Nvidia currently make two
> versions, the NF2 Ultra 400 that has dual channel (as used in the NF7-S by
> the way) and the NF2 400 that is only single channel.....Read all about it
> here: http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20031107/index.html

But the delta in performance between the dual-channel and single channel
boards is less than amazing....

http://tinyurl.com/35nug

"We were shocked to discover that the performance gap between the two
single-channel platforms and the nForce2 Ultra 400 with dual-channel DDR400
is a lot less than you might expect. Tests conducted a year ago with the
nForce2, 166 MHz FSB and only one DIMM demonstrated that dual-channel mode
is bound up with definite advantages. "

nForce dual-channel operation on the NF400 chipset does enhance some
operations, but the limiting factor is the AMD processor itself. 333Mhz and
400Mhz front-side will see better performance, and the nForce 400 Ultra
boards usually provide more goodies, but any nForce board is a good buy...

When I first got my Abit NF7-S v2.0, I was running single channel, and
performance was very good. Upgrading to dual-channel, I believe the benefits
were more along just having more RAM available than anything directly
related to going from single channel to dual channel operation.

Tim

> When I first got my Abit NF7-S v2.0, I was running single channel, and
> performance was very good. Upgrading to dual-channel, I believe the
benefits
> were more along just having more RAM available than anything directly
> related to going from single channel to dual channel operation.

Right. Having more memory bandwidth than you have FSB to send it to the
chip buys you a pretty small amount of performance boost. The one
application where the NF2's dual-channel memory controller gives you a HUGE
performance increase is if you're going to use the onboard video - in
single-channel mode, the onboard video would cut into the CPU's memory
bandwidth much more significantly than it does in dual-channel mode.

steve

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Scumball wrote:
> > OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !
>

> A7N8X-X, smartass.

Any 400 Ultra board, smartass.

Scumball wrote:
> "Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Scumball wrote:
>>> OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !
>>

>> A7N8X-X, smartass.
>

> Any 400 Ultra board, smartass.

I'm confused... the Ultra 400 DOES have Dual Channel.

Ben

> "Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Scumball wrote:
> > > OK, name me an NF2 board that doesn't have dual channel !
> >

> > A7N8X-X, smartass.
>

> Any 400 Ultra board, smartass.

How many times are you going to change your mind..

You said EVERY NF2 BOARD SUPPORTS DUAL CHANNEL
I said no
You did some name calling and said Name a nf2 board that doesnt have dual
channel.
He named a board
You now change the requrements of the requirements for requesting of a board
that doesnt support it.

One might wonder if it's time for you to just offer up an apology.