xxxvrw.exe causing slow startup, need help

In my task manager there is a program xxxvrw.exe running that causes a very
slow startup. I am not able to cancel the program I believe it has to do
with NVIDIA (which I know nothing about). Are there any ideas on how to fix
this problem? Thanks.

That is a suspicious name to say the least.
It is even more suspicious when Google does not locate it.

Follow the yellow section on this link to check for viruses and spyware:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"needing help" <needinghelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my task manager there is a program xxxvrw.exe running that causes a
> very
> slow startup. I am not able to cancel the program I believe it has to do
> with NVIDIA (which I know nothing about). Are there any ideas on how to
> fix
> this problem? Thanks.

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

"needing help" <needinghelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my task manager there is a program xxxvrw.exe running that causes a
> very
> slow startup. I am not able to cancel the program I believe it has to do
> with NVIDIA (which I know nothing about). Are there any ideas on how to
> fix
> this problem? Thanks.

Thanks, working great now.

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
> it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

> "needing help" <needinghelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In my task manager there is a program xxxvrw.exe running that causes a
> > very
> > slow startup. I am not able to cancel the program I believe it has to do
> > with NVIDIA (which I know nothing about). Are there any ideas on how to
> > fix
> > this problem? Thanks.

You're Welcome.