Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 64 bit freezes

Last response: in Windows 7
February 14, 2011 10:44:05 PM

hey guy so i just built a new computer last week! brand new everything. The problem that i am getting is when i go to install windows 7 64 bit its gets through the windows loading files fine, but then goes to the next screen that says "starting windows" and it freezes then! it doesnt bring up the colorful balls or anything it just freezes. I have not been able to figure it out and still have no idea if it is a hardware defect or what? Please help if you can!

My computer specs are:
MSI 870A-G54 motherboard
AMD phenom 2 x4 955 black edition quad core
600 watt psu
DDR3 PC3-10666 PNY 4gb Ram (two 2 gb sticks) @ 1333mhz
750 GB Seagate Barracude 7200 rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive
Evga GeForce GTS 450 Video card
Asus Sata dvd drive

Updates:
- updated my bios and have one ram in there..have used both rams individually..except now it goes a little farther.. ic the colored balloons! but still not working.....
- Hooked my new hard drive up to my old computer and ran windows 7 with that attempting to see how far i can go on that computer with it, and i get past the starting windows... am thinking its maybe my mobo?

More about : windows bit freezes

March 4, 2011 4:11:21 AM

Just curious...Why the Nvidia add-on card...The mobo has Radeon integrated, thus, why did you not choose to stay w/ radeon as your upgraded card? This may or may not be key toward solving your prob here. - ByteWing
m
l
March 4, 2011 4:21:02 AM

Correction: ...the PROCESSOR has integrated Radeon video...sorry, eh..long day! :sleep: 
m
l
!