I recently upgraded my motherboard but kept my hardrive as is except for
changing the drivers provided with my Mb and registering xp again as xp
stated that too many changes took place. everything seem to be okay except
for my mouse not working I uninstall my mouse driver and rebooted xp where
it did pick up my mouse but no movement I also tried installing the software
provided with the mouse but no luck. I even took another hardrive and
installed xp on there the mouse then work fine. Any help please

The first thing to check is to see if the PS/2 mouse is enabled in the BIOS.