Odd Stuck Key Error

I'm working on an older laptop, and it repeatedly boots up with a Stuck
1D Error. I've tried putting in a secondary keyboard, but it seems that
the same keys aren't working. It also seems like the ctrl key is stuck,
but I've checked the keyboard and there's no stuck key or malfunction.
I'm runnin virus scan now, but is there anything I might be missing.
The only other thing I can think of is an odd motherboard malfunction,
but there's and onboard keyboard and a ps/2 keyboard that give the same
results. I don't think it would malfunction the same way from just those
2 ports.

--
brayburn
brayburn's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1400

brayburn Wrote:
> I'm working on an older laptop, and it repeatedly boots up with a Stuck
> 1D Error. I've tried putting in a secondary keyboard, but it seems
> that
> the same keys aren't working. It also seems like the ctrl key is
> stuck,
> but I've checked the keyboard and there's no stuck key or malfunction.
> I'm runnin virus scan now, but is there anything I might be missing.
> The only other thing I can think of is an odd motherboard malfunction,
> but there's and onboard keyboard and a ps/2 keyboard that give the
> same
> results. I don't think it would malfunction the same way from just
> those
> 2 ports.
>

> --
> brayburn
> brayburn's Profile: http://tinyurl.com/dej86
> View this thread: http://tinyurl.com/7muhg

Have you managed to resolve this yet. I am having a similar problem
with shift+j - it does not work! tried new keyboards and drivers but
nothing works.

--
adimac