Weird MAME32 problem

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop. It
was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
deleting the mame32ui file.

Any ideas, Mr Do is getting lonely ;-)
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

MCR wrote on 24. April 2005:

> OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
> click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop.
> It was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
> deleting the mame32ui file.

Besides using Linux, no. ;-)

> Any ideas, Mr Do is getting lonely ;-)

May be you just reinstall it, also get rid of the registry entries while
deinstalling. Or use Linux. ;-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* MCR wrote in alt.games.mame:
> OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
> click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop. It
> was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
> deleting the mame32ui file.

> Any ideas, Mr Do is getting lonely ;-)

It cant find your roms.
--
David
If only one could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without

MCR wrote on 24. April 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>> MCR wrote on 24. April 2005:
>>
>>>OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
>>>click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop.
>>>It was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
>>>deleting the mame32ui file.
>> Besides using Linux, no. ;-)
>
> Do you know how long it took me to remove Linux? about 10 mins ;-)

Could be done faster.

>>>Any ideas, Mr Do is getting lonely ;-)
>> May be you just reinstall it, also get rid of the registry entries
>> while
>> deinstalling. Or use Linux. ;-)
>
> None of it worked, and I dont think MAME32 works very well under GNU/Linux

It does work under wine. But then there are nice frontends for Linux MAME.
--

SINNER wrote:
> * MCR wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>>OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
>>click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop. It
>>was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
>>deleting the mame32ui file.
>

>>Any ideas, Mr Do is getting lonely ;-)
>

> It cant find your roms.

Solved it. It kicked up about being in a sub-directory! My goodness.
I moved it to F:\MAME and it worked. Strange indeed.

Thanks for the suggestion

--

MCR wrote:
> OK, I usually use MAME32 and suddenly it will not run any games. I
> click on an icon and it 'flashes' and dumps me back on the desktop. It

I have the same problem.

> was working, and I have tried re-installing and deleting reg keys,
> deleting the mame32ui file.

Games only load when all options are set to default (Using
Options->Reset to Default...)