upgrading geforce 4 440 mx

I need a good gaming card. I need to know what I have, everyone i have
talked to says its a agp card but all the details in the devise manager says
pci.... which is it, or how do i find out, and what would be a good card for
my pc, i cant even play BF2 that i have just purchased.

Malke

Game Nut wrote:

> I need a good gaming card. I need to know what I have, everyone i
> have talked to says its a agp card but all the details in the devise
> manager says
> pci.... which is it, or how do i find out, and what would be a good
> card for my pc, i cant even play BF2 that i have just purchased.

The absolutely easiest way to determine what you have is to unplug the
computer and open the case. Look inside and see where the video card is
connected onto the motherboard. The AGP slot is short and brown and set
a bit away from the PCI slots, which are longer and a different color.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

The 440 mx only comes as a pci card,agp wasnt available for it.Either way,if
you have a agp slot,buy agp,it gets exclusive rights to the board whereas a
pci has to share.Thus agp is much faster,if the board doesnt have agp,you
probably should think about upgradeing it,boards w/o agp are not performance
gaming boards....

Malke wrote:
> Game Nut wrote:
>
>> I need a good gaming card. I need to know what I have, everyone i
>> have talked to says its a agp card but all the details in the devise
>> manager says
>> pci.... which is it, or how do i find out, and what would be a good
>> card for my pc, i cant even play BF2 that i have just purchased.
>
> The absolutely easiest way to determine what you have is to unplug the
> computer and open the case. Look inside and see where the video card
> is connected onto the motherboard. The AGP slot is short and brown
> and set a bit away from the PCI slots, which are longer and a
> different color.
>
> Malke

It's _usually_ short and brown but the last system I built (Soyo DRAGON
board*), it was purple; the system before, navy.

In fact, this is the first system I have put together where it has actually
been brown!

*On the same board, the PCI slots were lime green and orange, the memory
slots yellow and red and the CPU socket (no idea why, obviously you couldn't
see it) bright blue. The board itself was silver. I suppose it was the time
when Perspex panels were popular and it was more aesthetically pleasing than
a dull green board with white and brown slots.

The only thing you have EVER built is disarray. Take some meds

Andrew E. wrote:
> The 440 mx only comes as a pci card,agp wasnt available for it.

Once again, you prove your f***wittedness. How do I know you're talking
complete BS? I beta tested XP MCE. The first system we were given had a
GeForce 4 440mx. It was an AGP card.

It is available as both a PCI /and/ an AGP.

Check your facts before posting.

The only thing you have ever "beta tested" are the meds that you never take
to make you coherent.

> Andrew E. wrote:
>> The 440 mx only comes as a pci card,agp wasnt available for it.
>

> Once again, you prove your f***wittedness. How do I know you're talking
> complete BS? I beta tested XP MCE. The first system we were given had a
> GeForce 4 440mx. It was an AGP card.
>
> It is available as both a PCI /and/ an AGP.
>
> Check your facts before posting.

Hi.

Here you have two excellent hardware information programs that will build a
detailed profile of your computer.

Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and
Everest Home Edition
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

Regards,

Gunilla.

"Game Nut" <GameNut@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I need a good gaming card. I need to know what I have, everyone i have
> talked to says its a agp card but all the details in the devise manager
> says
> pci.... which is it, or how do i find out, and what would be a good card
> for
> my pc, i cant even play BF2 that i have just purchased.

well, i think they have both, i looked one up on the net and i believe they
had both, my slot is about 1/2 inch tall, about 2" long and about 2 " away
from housing, and is brown. does this help

"Ginny" wrote:

> The only thing you have ever "beta tested" are the meds that you never take
> to make you coherent.
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> > Andrew E. wrote:
> >> The 440 mx only comes as a pci card,agp wasnt available for it.
> >

> > Once again, you prove your f***wittedness. How do I know you're talking
> > complete BS? I beta tested XP MCE. The first system we were given had a
> > GeForce 4 440mx. It was an AGP card.
> >
> > It is available as both a PCI /and/ an AGP.
> >
> > Check your facts before posting.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The definitely have AGP cause I've got one.
Neil
"Game Nut" <GameNut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> well, i think they have both, i looked one up on the net and i believe
> they
> had both, my slot is about 1/2 inch tall, about 2" long and about 2 " away
> from housing, and is brown. does this help
>
> "Ginny" wrote:
>
>> The only thing you have ever "beta tested" are the meds that you never
>> take
>> to make you coherent.
>>
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > Once again, you prove your f***wittedness. How do I know you're talking
>> > complete BS? I beta tested XP MCE. The first system we were given had a
>> > GeForce 4 440mx. It was an AGP card.
>> >
>> > It is available as both a PCI /and/ an AGP.
>> >
>> > Check your facts before posting.

TRENDING THREADS