Ancient Canon Printer

I have an opportunity to get a Canon CJ-10 Copier/Scanner/Printer, for
free. Does anyone know why I should bother? It does have the IPU-SS
SCSI adapter. And, it does make color copies.
Thanks, Don
3 answers Last reply
More about ancient canon printer

    That's pretty old. You didn't mention what version of Windoze you're using,
    but I'd check Canon's website to make sure that there is a driver available
    for your version.

    Another Don

    donal51@hotpop.com (Don) wrote in message news:<9a41e5ad.0407220311.43a10bea@posting.google.com>...
    > I have an opportunity to get a Canon CJ-10 Copier/Scanner/Printer, for
    > free. Does anyone know why I should bother? It does have the IPU-SS
    > SCSI adapter. And, it does make color copies.
    > Thanks, Don

    Well, when it came out in 1992 it went for $10,000.
    I'd expect it should be rather more durable than the latest printers
    which cost less then their ink.
    You can get drivers at
    <http://www.usa.canon.com/html/download/cj10.html>
    Ink is available.
    You can see an archived version of the FAQ at
    <http://tinyurl.com/4lpc2>

    Here's the blurb from 9 Mar 1992:
    Canon has announced a desktop version of its digital bubble-jet color
    copier that will be available this summer for a price under $10,000.
    The 400-dpi CJ10 copier also functions as a color printer when
    equipped with an optional Intelligent Processing Unit (IPU) similar in
    function to the IPU offered for Canon's Color Laser Copier.

    The CJ10 copies/prints letter-size pages in about 90 seconds. The
    copier scans originals up to 8x11" at 400 dpi and produces 400-dpi
    copies in statement (5"x8") or letter sizes on special, coated paper.

    The bubble-jet technology squirts specially formulated inks through a
    printhead of 128 nozzles. The ink cartridge and printhead are both
    contained in one user-replaceable cartridge to simplify maintenance.

    Canon is planning Windows printer drivers for the PC and QuickDraw
    drivers for the Macintosh. A scanning application for the Macintosh is
    also planned.

    With an optional film projector, copies may be made from 35mm slides
    or negative film. An optional video adapter is used for copying ntsc
    video input.

    Delivery is slated for this June. Final pricing will be released then,
    but Canon has said it will be "well under $10,000."

    Thanks for the info (Don & Alan) Especially the FAQ which seemed to
    indicate that the Interface Unit would need a ROM update to use it
    with windows 95. Since I use 98 on the PC with SCSI, this looks like
    too much trouble. Also, I found out that the ink is around $80 per
    cartridge, which (X 4) is more than I paid for my Canon 900. Someone
    else (or a landfill) will have a chance on this one.

    donal51@hotpop.com (Don) wrote in message news:<9a41e5ad.0407220311.43a10bea@posting.google.com>...
    > I have an opportunity to get a Canon CJ-10 Copier/Scanner/Printer, for
    > free. Does anyone know why I should bother? It does have the IPU-SS
    > SCSI adapter. And, it does make color copies.
    > Thanks, Don

Printers Canon Peripherals Product