Bluetooth wireless Network - can it be done?

Hi

I have recently purchased two "Nimbus" Bluetooth USB dongles. Both work
fine, since I can connect either of them to my cellphone for sending files
to each other. I would like to be able to now connect my desktop PC with my
Laptop using the two bluetooth devices. I installed both of them under
Windows XP. The one would not take with Service Pack 2 installed on it, and
nobody can help me out with this. I had to unsinall SP2 before it would
load on correctly, and I wonder if I can still install SP2 again and have
the device work.

Can anyone advise regarding SP2 and the use of Bluetooth?

2. More importantly though - although both devices work fine, I cannot
network the two machines wirelessly. Is it possible to have an ordinary LAN
with two bluetooth machines? In other words, is it possible to browse the
network, see other files, share files between each other, make use of a
printer which is connected to one, and log into a machine already connected
to the Internet for the sake of Internet Sharing? If this can be done,
could someone please help in explaining how to set it up so that it works
properly? When I click on the button to browse the Bluetooth network, and
then try and browse the files on either machine, the computer just goes
silent for a few moments, and hits me with an error message with a number
next to it. I would so much like to be able to simply browse the network
and it cannot. Let alone to be able to share a printer (as above) and
connect Internet Sharing.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you know who the main
distributor of the Nimbus bluetooth adapter is, I would be happy to contact
them directly as well. I cannot find a site that gives support on this
particular bluetooth.

Thanking you in advance!

"Jo Dude" wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently purchased two "Nimbus" Bluetooth USB dongles. Both work
> fine, since I can connect either of them to my cellphone for sending files
> to each other. I would like to be able to now connect my desktop PC with my
> Laptop using the two bluetooth devices. I installed both of them under
> Windows XP. The one would not take with Service Pack 2 installed on it, and
> nobody can help me out with this. I had to unsinall SP2 before it would
> load on correctly, and I wonder if I can still install SP2 again and have
> the device work.

Yes I've done this recently, but with different BT model, which comes
with Widcom software.
Widcomm software allows one machine to be "access point", and
the other one can be PANU.
MS software in SP2 seems to support only PANU profile, so had to trash it
and replace to Widcom.

> Can anyone advise regarding SP2 and the use of Bluetooth?
>
> 2. More importantly though - although both devices work fine, I cannot
> network the two machines wirelessly. Is it possible to have an ordinary LAN
> with two bluetooth machines? In other words, is it possible to browse the
> network, see other files, share files between each other, make use of a
> printer which is connected to one, and log into a machine already connected
> to the Internet for the sake of Internet Sharing? If this can be done,
> could someone please help in explaining how to set it up so that it works
> properly? When I click on the button to browse the Bluetooth network, and
> then try and browse the files on either machine, the computer just goes
> silent for a few moments, and hits me with an error message with a number
> next to it. I would so much like to be able to simply browse the network
> and it cannot. Let alone to be able to share a printer (as above) and
> connect Internet Sharing.

Unfortunately wireless is not simple... if it just works, you're lucky,
if not - you aren't :(

--PA

> Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you know who the main
> distributor of the Nimbus bluetooth adapter is, I would be happy to contact
> them directly as well. I cannot find a site that gives support on this
> particular bluetooth.
>
> Thanking you in advance!

Thanks for this. Yes... my Nimbus BT also comes with Widcom software, and
wonder of wonders I finally got it to see the other machine. HOWEVER, that
doesn't help everything yet. I'd still like to be able to get it toshare
the Internet Connection. Any ideas on this?

Thanks again