Zalman says it will fit on my mobo so all i need to do is order it.

Is cool to as it will put on a Amd 64 bit board as well as that will
prob be my next pc this cooler will go along with me as well.

So if you have one is it quiet, i saw a review at www.frostytech.com
and they say it is, top 5 infact.

If you have one let me know what you think of it thanks as i realy
need to quiet my pc down, heatpipe cooler already order for the
Vidcard, northbridge heatsink got but not installed.

Thanks.

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:a6ola09b1osu71l7k9ogq9180biil7tq73@4ax.com...

> Anyone Got a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu looking at buying one recomendations
> ?
>
> Just looking for a quiet cooler and all the reviews says it is, and
> Zalman says it will fit on my mobo so all i need to do is order it.
>
> Is cool to as it will put on a Amd 64 bit board as well as that will
> prob be my next pc this cooler will go along with me as well.
>
> So if you have one is it quiet, i saw a review at www.frostytech.com
> and they say it is, top 5 infact.
>
> If you have one let me know what you think of it thanks as i realy
> need to quiet my pc down, heatpipe cooler already order for the
> Vidcard, northbridge heatsink got but not installed.

IMHO it's excellent, one of the best, quiet, hsf on the market. Running
xp2500 at 12.5 x 200, 1.95vcore, AS3, ambient 20c, case 24c, socket 41c,
core prob 51c although NF7s can't measure core temp.

Had to trim the mounting clamp slightly to get it to fit as abit decided to
stick huge caps too close to the socket on the NF7s.

One thing to consider, if you haven't already, filter all of the incoming
fans on your case, the fins are very fine and close together on this hsf.
All mine are filtered and I still clean it every few months, it's prob a
nightmare with dusty air!

It's very heavy as well, be ultra careful when moving the pc around, give it
a hard knock and you could damage your mobo.

HTH

--
Ian

How quiet is it ?

On Wed, 19 May 2004 10:02:57 +0100, "Apollo"
<REMOVEMEian_dunbar6@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>message news:a6ola09b1osu71l7k9ogq9180biil7tq73@4ax.com...
>>

>> Anyone Got a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu looking at buying one recomendations
>> ?
>>
>> Just looking for a quiet cooler and all the reviews says it is, and
>> Zalman says it will fit on my mobo so all i need to do is order it.
>>
>> Is cool to as it will put on a Amd 64 bit board as well as that will
>> prob be my next pc this cooler will go along with me as well.
>>
>> So if you have one is it quiet, i saw a review at www.frostytech.com
>> and they say it is, top 5 infact.
>>
>> If you have one let me know what you think of it thanks as i realy
>> need to quiet my pc down, heatpipe cooler already order for the
>> Vidcard, northbridge heatsink got but not installed.
>
>IMHO it's excellent, one of the best, quiet, hsf on the market. Running
>xp2500 at 12.5 x 200, 1.95vcore, AS3, ambient 20c, case 24c, socket 41c,
>core prob 51c although NF7s can't measure core temp.
>
>Had to trim the mounting clamp slightly to get it to fit as abit decided to
>stick huge caps too close to the socket on the NF7s.
>
>One thing to consider, if you haven't already, filter all of the incoming
>fans on your case, the fins are very fine and close together on this hsf.
>All mine are filtered and I still clean it every few months, it's prob a
>nightmare with dusty air!
>
>It's very heavy as well, be ultra careful when moving the pc around, give it
>a hard knock and you could damage your mobo.
>
>HTH

Shad

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 10:02:57 +0100, "Apollo"
> <REMOVEMEian_dunbar6@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> How quiet is it ?

Very quiet, ~20db in silent mode & ~25 in normal. I also recommend the alcu
version caus its cheaper and almost 50% liter while the performance
difference is very small

You sure money is not a problem for me though i would like that few
extra degress of cooling all i can get :)

message news:dhvma0dl1rca5ghi6loruj35b4tm3l81ht@4ax.com...

> You sure money is not a problem for me though i would like that few
> extra degress of cooling all i can get :)

Have you looked at these;
http://www.overclockers.com/articles636/

I'm considering one of these, (the review does say idiot proof ;o), I
haven't really got the room for a water cooling rad in my case and this
looks ideal.

It's probably no quieter than a quiet air cooler though. I've always
fancied playing with watercooling, maybe I'll just get a huge external
reseviour with no rad/fans.

--
Ian

Yeah i will do water cooling but not just yet, maybe with a 64bit cpu
:)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:02:40 +0100, "Apollo"