Lost WIFi connection on each reboot

Whenever I boot up my laptop (XPHome, SP2), I have to re-link to my wireless
access point by entering the SSID and key.
My other laptop (Win98) links automatically.
Is there a way of getting the XP machine to automatically link up to the AP?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about lost wifi connection reboot

    I exactly have the same issue

    I tried to disable specific software for my Sagem but it does not help at all.

    I found two workarounds: either unplug the Sagem key or reapply Sagem
    configuration.

    My SSID is broadcasted, it is a WEP key protected network.

    What should I do ?

    What software are you using to connect to the wireless network?

    If this is the Microsoft client it should be saving the profile if you
    successfully connect to the network once.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    "Zephyr06" <Zephyr06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I exactly have the same issue
    >
    > I tried to disable specific software for my Sagem but it does not help at
    > all.
    >
    > I found two workarounds: either unplug the Sagem key or reapply Sagem
    > configuration.
    >
    > My SSID is broadcasted, it is a WEP key protected network.
    >
    > What should I do ?

Wireless Laptops Wireless Networking