Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

My scanner was working fine
but now it is not showing up in my computer and in scanner and cameras in
control panel
but in device manager it is installed ok but it has a #2 after the name
thanks
--

Thanks
Jason

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

tried that
no look same result
thanks anyway
"Treeman" <Treeman.1salsp@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Jason,
> I'd just delete the entry in Device Manager, reboot and let XP detect
> it again.
> Since the software & drivers are already installed I presume.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Jason,
I know this isn't your scanner, but read the threads all the way
through.
'HP SCANJET ' (http://tinyurl.com/e4bvx)
Reading the posts for the newer scanners, it looks like driver issues
galore.
The HP 5P scanner you have is listed as obsolete or discontinued on the
HP site. So the drivers & hardware you have may be too old to work on
XP.
Sorry,
Treeman

--