how do you check your cpu temp while in a game?

is their anything like mbm5 that shows up on the screen at all
times,like fraps only with the temp rather then the framerate?

sam unwise wrote:
> is their anything like mbm5 that shows up on the screen at all
> times,like fraps only with the temp rather then the framerate?

I asked the MBM5 author to include that in his program but he said he
couldn't do it because the game screen is not accessible. Fraps works
because the fps function is built into DirectX. If you can play the game in
a window you can read the temp in the system tray. That would work until you
found out how hot things were getting.

You can get panels to put on your computer that display the temps.

Check out Best Byte:
http://tinyurl.com/2e4uh

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

In MBM just look under High/Low after playing.

Just genius :)
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

"sam unwise" <datrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message

" is their anything like mbm5 that shows up on the screen at all times,like
fraps only with the temp rather then the framerate? "

I don't know about software, but hardware wise:
http://snipurl.com/37hc
http://snipurl.com/6l4c

"sam unwise" <datrooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is their anything like mbm5 that shows up on the screen at all
> times,like fraps only with the temp rather then the framerate?

You could turn the logging on in MBM5 and inspect it after the
game.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

i have a dual moniter set up.
ati 9800 pro running 19" crt for gaming/main work area and a
15" lcd off to the left with monitering apps on it.

works for me.

john

Ed Light wrote:
> In MBM just look under High/Low after playing.
>
> Just genius :)

Seconded. It's almost certainly the max temperature "ever" that you're
worried about. Knowing the temperature just before blowing the aliens left
leg off isn't particularly important.

Ben

John wrote:
[...]
> i have a dual moniter set up.
> ati 9800 pro running 19" crt for gaming/main work area and a
> 15" lcd off to the left with monitering apps on it.

How have you got this configured (driver version, screen config, etc), and
what games are you using? I trialled a similar setup but couldn't get it the
lock the mouse to one monitor when gaming. This made things unplayable, as
my mouse would end up on the secondary monitor, and then a click (to fire,
for example) would actually do something on the secondary (such as closing
MBM5). Id love to know how you got this working, as apart from this the
dual-monitor setup was great fun.

--
Michael Brown