albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

i have a labtop witch is up by wi-fi and when ever i plug in my ethernet
cable for my speed my computer freezes, so i would have to unplug and plug it
back in to un freeze my computer and get it to work, do any 1 know whats
wrong?

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:46:01 -0700, Albert wrote:

> i have a labtop witch is up by wi-fi and when ever i plug in my ethernet
> cable for my speed my computer freezes, so i would have to unplug and plug it
> back in to un freeze my computer and get it to work, do any 1 know whats
> wrong?

I have a tablet PC fitted for wired and ethernet. At home I use wireless
but when traveling I often use ethernet. To make the switch: I disable
wireless before powering down. It's probably not really necessary to
disable wireless but I do it anyhow. I then do a full power down - not
Hibernate. Then attach the ethernet and power up again. While so many
devices can be hot plugged these days, I don't consider ethernet cables to
be one of those. So far I've had no trouble using ethernet on the road.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User