modem installer

when i got to device manager and click modem and properties it gives me the
error message. "Windows could not load the installer for modem. Please
contact your hardware vendor for assistance." what can i do to fix this
problem
4 answers Last reply
More about modem installer

    Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.
    The folks that built your PC.
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    i want to know if there is something that i can download to fix this problem

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:28:01 -0700, pj88 wrote:

    > i want to know if there is something that i can download to fix this problem

    Possibly but the place to check, for a download or further assistance,
    would be with the hardware vendor. A search on their website should turn up
    drivers and technical information for your modem.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    If you try to install Modem drivers, and you get the error:
    "Windows could not load the installer for Modem"
    Verify that the 3 Modem Installer comonents are in \Windows\System32\ folder:
    mdminst.dll
    msports.dll
    uniplat.dll

    Most Likely, "uniplat.dll" is missing. Google for the file, Download it, Get Properties on it and "UnBlock" it,
    and move it into the \Windows\System32\ folder.
    Current version of this file, as of SP2, is 5.1.2600.2180

    Now, Re-Register the mdminst.dll:
    regsvr32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\mdminst.dll

    When you do this, Windows may give you the warning,
    "The module 'c:\windows\system32\mdminst.dll' was loaded,
    but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found."

    but that's OK, it should still work. Try loading Modem drivers now.

    You may also want to verify that you have the latest Windows Installer loaded:
    Type "msiexec" into the Run box and hit return.
    Current version, as of SP2, is 3.01.4000.1823 (aka, ver 3.1)

    You can Re-Register the Windows Installer by running:
    regsvr32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\msi.dll

Hardware Installer Modem Windows XP