Abit KT7a softmenu from 100x10 to 100x7,5 = boot problem

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2004 11:12:21 PM

Hi,

In softmenu of BIOS KT7a I changed the CPU operating speed from 100x10 to
100x7.5. But now I can't boot the PC. I even tried to reset the bios with
the CCMOS jumper.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

wim wester
the netherlands
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2004 11:12:22 PM

It may be a totally unrelated problem. It may be bad caps.
Check here. http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

"WJW" <w.wester@freeler.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In softmenu of BIOS KT7a I changed the CPU operating speed from 100x10 to
> 100x7.5. But now I can't boot the PC. I even tried to reset the bios with
> the CCMOS jumper.
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> wim wester
> the netherlands

May 23, 2004 11:12:22 PM

Try holding down the Insert key while powering up...If i recall it reset
bios to safe settings.

OZoNE

May 24, 2004 1:29:53 AM

another suggestion which may sound stupid but if you haven't already try
switching off the PSU at back taking kettle lead out and plug back and
switch back on. :)

On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:12:21 +0200, "WJW" <w.wester@freeler.nl> wrote:

>:>Hi,
>:>
>:>In softmenu of BIOS KT7a I changed the CPU operating speed from 100x10 to
>:>100x7.5. But now I can't boot the PC. I even tried to reset the bios with
>:>the CCMOS jumper.
>:>Can anyone help me?
>:>
>:>Thanks
>:>
>:>wim wester
>:>the netherlands
>:>

-----
Lee.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 24, 2004 11:45:45 AM

On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:12:21 +0200, WJW wrote:

> In softmenu of BIOS KT7a I changed the CPU operating speed from 100x10 to
> 100x7.5. But now I can't boot the PC. I even tried to reset the bios with
> the CCMOS jumper.
> Can anyone help me?

Unplug power cord for 15 seconds, then boot holding Insert Key down.

a b K Overclocking
May 24, 2004 2:13:49 PM

Lee and Wes,

Fantastic! the power cord was the solution. Tried everything else, removed
the battery etc.
I'm glad it's working again! Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Wim Wester
The Netherlands
"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> schreef in bericht