Duron 1.8GHz

I am going to be able to get a few of these with a trade I am making
So I was wondering what numbers are good for overclocking
I am led to belive they were purchased from new egg just this month.
Model: DHD1800DLV1C is what is on the newegg site
is there a web page someplace giving this info? (Model numbers good
for over clocking )

\\\////
( o o )
----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
Chameleon Cages
Yes! We can make any size you need...
Visa and Mastercard accepted

http://www.cages.net

Bob Sligh

"Your buddy in the business"
email sligh@cages.net
ooo0 0ooo
-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
\_) ) /
(_/

lee

Are the Applebred Durons not the best cause there multipliers are unlocked?

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:17:36 GMT, Robert Sligh <sligh@infionline.net> wrote:

>:>I am going to be able to get a few of these with a trade I am making
>:>So I was wondering what numbers are good for overclocking
>:>I am led to belive they were purchased from new egg just this month.
>:>Model: DHD1800DLV1C is what is on the newegg site
>:> is there a web page someplace giving this info? (Model numbers good
>:>for over clocking )
>:>
>:> \\\////
>:> ( o o )
>:>----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
>:> Chameleon Cages
>:> Yes! We can make any size you need...
>:> Visa and Mastercard accepted
>:>
>:> http://www.cages.net
>:>
>:> Bob Sligh
>:>
>:> "Your buddy in the business"
>:> email sligh@cages.net
>:> ooo0 0ooo
>:>-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
>:> \_) ) /
>:> (_/

-----
Lee.

Just came off of overclockers.com data base . I have seen the results
they are low voltage (lower than my t-bread) and seem to overclock
pretty good , cheap prices also . I wonder why you dont see them in
boxes? Or at least I don't see them anywhere for sale installed in a
new setup !

\\\////
( o o )
----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
Chameleon Cages
Yes! We can make any size you need...
Visa and Mastercard accepted

http://www.cages.net

Bob Sligh

"Your buddy in the business"
email sligh@cages.net
ooo0 0ooo
-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
\_) ) /
(_/

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Unfortunately for the Duron, the Celeron has much bigger MHz numbers... so
the uninitiated buy them up in the cheap systems (even labelled as P4's
sometimes).

bye, Rick

"Robert Sligh" <sligh@infionline.net> wrote in message
> Just came off of overclockers.com data base . I have seen the results
> ..
> they are low voltage (lower than my t-bread) and seem to overclock
> pretty good , cheap prices also . I wonder why you dont see them in
> boxes? Or at least I don't see them anywhere for sale installed in a
> new setup !
>
> \\\////
> ( o o )
> ----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
> Chameleon Cages
> Yes! We can make any size you need...
> Visa and Mastercard accepted
>
> http://www.cages.net
>
> Bob Sligh
>
> "Your buddy in the business"
> email sligh@cages.net
> ooo0 0ooo
> -----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
> \_) ) /
> (_/

> is there a web page someplace giving this info? (Model numbers good
> for over clocking )

AFAIK there are no specially good series, they do all fine.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Rick" <rick@not.here> wrote in message
> Unfortunately for the Duron, the Celeron has much bigger MHz numbers... so
> the uninitiated buy them up in the cheap systems (even labelled as P4's
> sometimes).

The Celeron's are a joke. That tiny 128Kb cache along with the L1/L2 cache
data duplication cripples the thing. A 2.0Ghz P4 Willamette easily
outperforms the 2.8Ghz P4 Northwood Celeron. Barton 2500's are so dirt cheap
now that there's no real reason to run out and get a 1.8 Duron. Although
I've never compared them, I would expect a 1.8 Duron to be on par with a 2.8
Celeron.

Lee wrote:
> Are the Applebred Durons not the best cause there multipliers are
> unlocked?

Nope, Applebred Durons are locked just like the Bartons (ie: post week 39,
or 35, or whatever). The pre-week-39 Applebreds are quite good, because
sometimes you can re-enable the rest of the L2 cache (as with the Thortons).
The L2 bridges (cache control) were locked along with the L3 (startup
multiplier) bridges in week 39.

[...]

--
Michael Brown