A7v333 - 1900 upgrade

I'm running a asus a7v333 MB with a amd 1900 cpu and 512 ddr memory. What is
the next logical thing for me to upgrade to. I'm looking at: ABIT "AN7"
nForce2 Ultra 400 - what cpu and memory should I get. Can use the memory I
have or would it hinder the performance too much?

--
HomeBrewer

http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
www.rcparkflyers.com
Remove the xxx to reply!

"HomeBrewer" <t3e871XXX@earthlink.net> wrote in message

" I'm running a asus a7v333 MB with a amd 1900 cpu and 512 ddr memory. What
is the next logical thing for me to upgrade to. I'm looking at: ABIT 'AN7'
nForce2 Ultra 400 - what cpu and memory should I get. Can use the memory I
have or would it hinder the performance too much? "

This seems more like a normal upgrade query than an over-clocking question.
If you aren't going to go Athlon 64, then why not keep your current
motherboard? (if it's a PBC 2.0 version)

According to the original spec on the Asus website, your motherboard only
supports CPUs of 200 and 266FSB: http://snipurl.com/60qg . However, on the
CPU support page it states that the PCB 2.0 version of the A7V333 will take
a Model 10 XP 3000+ 333FSB Barton with a version 1016 BIOS (or higher)
http://snipurl.com/60r3 . The XP 3000+ Barton comes in 333 and 400FSB
models, so you would need to make sure you are getting the correct one.

Your current XP 1900+ is either a Palomino, a Thoroughbread 'A' or a
Thoroughbred 'B', and all of them run at 266FSB. With that, you're likely
to be running DDR266 (PC2100) DIMMs. You would need DDR333 (PC2700) or
higher DIMMs if you upgraded to a 333FSB CPU.

Thanks for the reply......

> This seems more like a normal upgrade query than an over-clocking
question.
> If you aren't going to go Athlon 64, then why not keep your current
> motherboard? (if it's a PBC 2.0 version)

It is an upgrade question -but I guess I failed to mention that I ALWAYS
mess around and try to push my cpus to the limit. I have the Rev 1.01 board

> According to the original spec on the Asus website, your motherboard only
> supports CPUs of 200 and 266FSB: http://snipurl.com/60qg . However, on
the
> CPU support page it states that the PCB 2.0 version of the A7V333 will
take
> a Model 10 XP 3000+ 333FSB Barton with a version 1016 BIOS (or higher)
> http://snipurl.com/60r3 . The XP 3000+ Barton comes in 333 and 400FSB
> models, so you would need to make sure you are getting the correct one.

I have not been keeping up with the current market on MBs and CPU (new
boat), so I was wondering if it is worth while to upgrade my system or just
wait a while.

> Your current XP 1900+ is either a Palomino, a Thoroughbread 'A' or a
> Thoroughbred 'B', and all of them run at 266FSB. With that, you're likely
> to be running DDR266 (PC2100) DIMMs. You would need DDR333 (PC2700) or
> higher DIMMs if you upgraded to a 333FSB CPU.

I do have a single 512MB PC2700 chip in it.

--
HomeBrewer
http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
www.rcparkflyers.com