USB HDD / AC powered USB HUB

Hello All,

I have been here a few times before mostly asking questions about
memory etc. This time I have a different question …..

I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only downside
of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way possible
that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea that
an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.

--
BigFatGoalie
2 answers Last reply

    "BigFatGoalie" <BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net> wrote...

    > I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
    > record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only downside
    > of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
    > vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way possible
    > that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea that
    > an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?

    Should work just fine.

    "BigFatGoalie" <BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have been here a few times before mostly asking questions about
    > memory etc. This time I have a different question ...
    >
    > I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
    > record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only downside
    > of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
    > vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way possible
    > that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea that
    > an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?
    >
    > Thanks, I look forward to your reply.
    >

    > --
    > BigFatGoalie

    USB ports are listed, IIRC, at providing up to about 500mA. Many laptop
    hard disks run around 1000mA, and desktop drives are higher. For this
    reason, many USB hard disk cases come with (or with the ability to attach)
    power supplies.

    Once they are powered with adapters, it shouldn't matter to the ports if you
    have both attached. I do this myself.

    HTH
    -pk

Hard Drives USB Windows XP