Please help me!!!

Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Hello

I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
motherborad or processor or memory ?

Please write to me what should I do ?

Thank you for your help

Janusz Sula

On Tue, 25 May 2004 21:35:00 +0200, Problem wrote:

> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700. I tried to change FSB and
> Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU
> clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When computer strt working
> again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer once again bot
> everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off and
> discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and
> video card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I
> know I shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't
> broke motherborad or processor or memory ?

12x133.34=1600MHz. That's a little much for a 1200 tbird, but it usually
would fry. Are you sure you cleared cmos properly? Did you unplug the AC
cord while clearing. If you did it properly and it still won't boot I'd
say you fried the cpu.

> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

Surely if it's a 1.2 athlon chip with an FSB of 133, you should be setting
your multiplier 9x?

Lord Deckard

Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

U¿ytkownik "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> Hello
>
> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

My computer works.I went to servisce and they repair it for 5 USD.