does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally associated
with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?
>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

Have you read the manual that came with the new notebook? It's probably a
good idea and will answer most of your questions.
--

> what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?

can you please give me a link to some PC cards for the 'ExpressCard/54
Slot'?
> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look here
http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

can the 'ExpressCard/54 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/34 cards'?
"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
> here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Printing & Imaging
>>>

>>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message

can the 'ExpressCard/34 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/54 cards'?

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
> here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
>>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Printing & Imaging
>>>

>>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message

No it is too big.

> can the 'ExpressCard/54 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/34 cards'?
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
>> here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp
>>
>> --

>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
>>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message

i have not even got the PC yet. i just ordered it sunday and its not coming
till about augest 18th.
> Have you read the manual that came with the new notebook? It's probably a
> good idea and will answer most of your questions.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?

If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.

This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.

www.zd7000forums.com

Ian

thanks for the link but the zd8000 does not come with a DVD-RAM drive.
"Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
> enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
> are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.
>
> This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.
>
> www.zd7000forums.com
>
> Ian

does anyone know what the 'expansion port 2' does?
"Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
> enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
> are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.
>
> This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.
>
> www.zd7000forums.com
>
> Ian

can anyone give me the manual to the zd8000 in pdf format? i ordered the
laptop a few days ago. i would just like to read the manual in advance.

HP Pavilion zd8000 Notebook PC: Manuals
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=434624&lang=en&cc=au

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Steven Wabik" wrote:

| can anyone give me the manual to the zd8000 in pdf format? i ordered the
| laptop a few days ago. i would just like to read the manual in advance.

thank you very much.