zd8000

does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?
16 answers Last reply
More about zd8000

    I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally associated
    with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

    what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    >I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

    what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?
    >I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

    Have you read the manual that came with the new notebook? It's probably a
    good idea and will answer most of your questions.
    --

    > what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?

    can you please give me a link to some PC cards for the 'ExpressCard/54
    Slot'?
    > what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

    The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look here
    http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

    "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> does the lightscribe 8x dvd-r/rw DL drive support DVD-RAM?

    can the 'ExpressCard/54 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/34 cards'?
    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
    > here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

    > "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    >> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    >>> --
    >>> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >>> Printing & Imaging
    >>>

    >>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message

    can the 'ExpressCard/34 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/54 cards'?

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
    > here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp

    > "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    >> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >>>I don't believe so, since it's an HP drive. DVD-RAM is generally
    >>>associated with Panasonic DVD burners. Check your notebook manual.
    >>> --
    >>> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >>> Printing & Imaging
    >>>

    >>> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message

    No it is too big.

    > can the 'ExpressCard/54 Slot' fit the 'ExpressCard/34 cards'?
    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> The ExpressCard slot is a successor to the PCMCIA or PC Card slot. Look
    >> here http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/graphics.jsp
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> what is the '1 ExpressCard/54 Slot ' used for?
    >>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message

    i have not even got the PC yet. i just ordered it sunday and its not coming
    till about augest 18th.
    > Have you read the manual that came with the new notebook? It's probably a
    > good idea and will answer most of your questions.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> what is the 'Expansion Port 2 Connector' used for?

    If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
    enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
    are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.

    This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.

    www.zd7000forums.com

    Ian

    thanks for the link but the zd8000 does not come with a DVD-RAM drive.
    "Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
    > enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
    > are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.
    >
    > This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.
    >
    > www.zd7000forums.com
    >
    > Ian

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    does anyone know what the 'expansion port 2' does?
    "Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > If it comes with the LG GWA-4800N, a bios update can supposedly
    > enable the DVD-RAM writing capabilities. I think the HP LightScribes
    > are BenQ drives, so that may not be possible.
    >
    > This site has a wealth of info on the ZD8000 including the LG update.
    >
    > www.zd7000forums.com
    >
    > Ian

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    can anyone give me the manual to the zd8000 in pdf format? i ordered the
    laptop a few days ago. i would just like to read the manual in advance.
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    HP Pavilion zd8000 Notebook PC: Manuals
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=434624&lang=en&cc=au

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Steven Wabik" wrote:

    | can anyone give me the manual to the zd8000 in pdf format? i ordered the
    | laptop a few days ago. i would just like to read the manual in advance.
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    thank you very much.

    > HP Pavilion zd8000 Notebook PC: Manuals
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=434624&lang=en&cc=au
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Steven Wabik" wrote:
    >
    > | can anyone give me the manual to the zd8000 in pdf format? i ordered the
    > | laptop a few days ago. i would just like to read the manual in advance.

Hardware Microsoft DVD Writers Windows XP