distorted monitor screen

my laptop screen has vertical lines drawn on it and it equally has a blunt
coloure, i have tried to set it from control panel-themes and
appearance-screen reasolution but it would not set, it goes back to the
previouse setting, please i need help from u to solving this problem, thanks
4
answers
Last reply
More about distorted monitor screen

    monitor distorted screen wrote:

    > my laptop screen has vertical lines drawn on it and it equally has a
    > blunt coloure, i have tried to set it from control panel-themes and
    > appearance-screen reasolution but it would not set, it goes back to
    > the previouse setting, please i need help from u to solving this
    > problem, thanks

    1. Uninstall/reinstall your video drivers. Get the most recent drivers
    from the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific model laptop.

    2. If that doesn't help, contact the laptop's tech support because you
    may have a hardware problem.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    please my dear, someone told me it is a RAM problem but what suprises me is
    that sometimes it comes alright but always goes back again, when i boot
    it,the screen has some lines and threads but there was a time i set it by
    going to control panel>appearanceand themes>change screen resolution>display
    properties, then to settings, i set the screen resolution to 800-600 pixel,
    from 640-480 pixel and the colour quality to 32bit from 14bit it became good
    but went back when the system went off, since then i have not gotten it
    again, so this is the problem,any site that can offer me help can equally be
    wonderfull, thanks for reading this and your response to it

    "Malke" wrote:

    > monitor distorted screen wrote:
    >
    > > my laptop screen has vertical lines drawn on it and it equally has a
    > > blunt coloure, i have tried to set it from control panel-themes and
    > > appearance-screen reasolution but it would not set, it goes back to
    > > the previouse setting, please i need help from u to solving this
    > > problem, thanks
    >
    > 1. Uninstall/reinstall your video drivers. Get the most recent drivers
    > from the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific model laptop.
    >
    > 2. If that doesn't help, contact the laptop's tech support because you
    > may have a hardware problem.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    >please my dear?
    Why do you have a condescending attitude at someone trying to help you?
    NOTE:
    You provided much more info in your reply that you did in your org. post,how
    in the heck can anyone give you a good susgestion when you keep half of the
    info to yourself?
    A good example of this is "someone told me it was a ram problem"
    yet you provide no info on how much ram you have installed or if you tested
    what you do have,is your video intergrated on your MB or do you have a
    seperate card?

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    monitor distorted screen wrote:

    > please my dear, someone told me it is a RAM problem but what suprises
    > me is that sometimes it comes alright but always goes back again, when
    > i boot it,the screen has some lines and threads but there was a time i
    > set it by going to control panel>appearanceand themes>change screen
    > resolution>display properties, then to settings, i set the screen
    > resolution to 800-600 pixel, from 640-480 pixel and the colour quality
    > to 32bit from 14bit it became good but went back when the system went
    > off, since then i have not gotten it again, so this is the problem,any
    > site that can offer me help can equally be wonderfull, thanks for
    > reading this and your response to it

    I am not your dear. I don't know why someone would suggest that you have
    a memory problem for bad video display, but you can always test your
    RAM if you like. From your description above, it sounds like you have
    failing hardware. Random failures like you describe above are almost
    always caused by bad hardware. Contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support
    for help. Don't call them "my dear" either.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"

Control Panel Laptop Screen Microsoft Monitors Windows XP