USB HDD / AC powered USB HUB

John R Weiss Wrote:
> "BigFatGoalie" BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net wrote...-
>
> I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
> record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only
> downside
> of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
> vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way
> possible
> that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea
> that
> an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?-
>
> Should work just fine.

Thanks folks,

So i suppose i could take from this that i should go ahead and buy a
USB AC powered HUB and i should be able to connect more than one USB
hard drive? Can anyone suggest any ??

--
BigFatGoalie

"BigFatGoalie" <BigFatGoalie.1sezpm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> John R Weiss Wrote:
>> "BigFatGoalie" BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net wrote...-
>>
>> I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
>> record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only
>> downside
>> of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
>> vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way
>> possible
>> that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea
>> that
>> an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?-
>>
>> Should work just fine.
>
> Thanks folks,
>
> So i suppose i could take from this that i should go ahead and buy a
> USB AC powered HUB and i should be able to connect more than one USB
> hard drive? Can anyone suggest any ??
>

> --
> BigFatGoalie

If the drives are powered you won't need to use a powered hub. If the
drives aren't powered, look at the current draw listed on the drive (or the
manufacturer's spec sheet) and at what each port can deliver. I expect the
ports will be overwhelmed. In that case, get power adapters for the
drives.

HTH
-pk