USB HDD / AC powered USB HUB

John R Weiss Wrote:
> "BigFatGoalie" BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net wrote...-
>
> I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
> record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only
> downside
> of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
> vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way
> possible
> that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea
> that
> an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?-
>
> Should work just fine.

Thanks folks,

So i suppose i could take from this that i should go ahead and buy a
USB AC powered HUB and i should be able to connect more than one USB
hard drive? Can anyone suggest any ??

--
BigFatGoalie
1 answer Last reply

    "BigFatGoalie" <BigFatGoalie.1sezpm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > John R Weiss Wrote:
    >> "BigFatGoalie" BigFatGoalie.1sd51o@pcbanter.net wrote...-
    >>
    >> I currently have two External USB HDD's sitting at 40GB each which I
    >> record shows and sports onto using my TV Tuner card. The only
    >> downside
    >> of this is that I have to unplug each one and put the other one in or
    >> vice versa everytime that I want to use them. Is there any way
    >> possible
    >> that I could plug both of these in at the same time? I had an idea
    >> that
    >> an AC powered USB HUB might do the trick?-
    >>
    >> Should work just fine.
    >
    > Thanks folks,
    >
    > So i suppose i could take from this that i should go ahead and buy a
    > USB AC powered HUB and i should be able to connect more than one USB
    > hard drive? Can anyone suggest any ??
    >

    > --
    > BigFatGoalie

    If the drives are powered you won't need to use a powered hub. If the
    drives aren't powered, look at the current draw listed on the drive (or the
    manufacturer's spec sheet) and at what each port can deliver. I expect the
    ports will be overwhelmed. In that case, get power adapters for the
    drives.

    HTH
    -pk

Hard Drives USB Windows XP