Bluetooth and Windows XP Media Edition

I want to apologize if this topic has already been addressed. If it has
been, please point me in the right direction.

I just purchased a new PC with Windows XP Media Edition on it. I was
hoping to use the wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse (don't know the
exact model, but they are only about a year old) I've been using with my
old PC. After trying to install the software, I received a message
stating the version of Windows does not support the Bluetooth
installer. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks,
Mike

--
MWB
1 answer Last reply

    Check with the keyboard/mouse manufacturer. Bluetooth is still "not
    standard" yet for a generic MS driver.

    "MWB" <MWB.1sfgdo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I want to apologize if this topic has already been addressed. If it has
    > been, please point me in the right direction.
    >

    > I just purchased a new PC with Windows XP Media Edition on it. I was
    > hoping to use the wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse (don't know the
    > exact model, but they are only about a year old) I've been using with my
    > old PC. After trying to install the software, I received a message
    > stating the version of Windows does not support the Bluetooth
    > installer. Is there a way to get around this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike
    >

    > --
    > MWB