Daphne Space Ace FrameFile

Sorry if this is considered slightly off-topic but I guessed you would be
the guys to ask. :)

I recently downloaded the Space Ace flood from alt.binaries.arcade and this
evening I excitedly unpacked it hoping to be able to play. I have a large
number of .dat, .ogg and .m2v files which presumably make up the game
content, I have the ROM in place, but I don't have a framefile.txt to piece
all of the files together.

Does anyone know where I can obtain this file?

My thanks in advance to anyone that can help,

--

(O) e n o n e

normally you just put the zip file in the roms directory. voila

but i'm not sure about your question.

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:
> normally you just put the zip file in the roms directory. voila

That's the case with MAME, but Daphne is a different emulator (hence the
slight off-topic-ness) which in addition to ROM files also uses video and
sound files in order to simulate the laser-disc.

When the laser-disc files are split into multiple parts (as they are in the
case of the Space Ace download), a file is required which tells Daphne how
to piece all of the files together. Without this, Daphne has no idea which
files have which sections of video within them. This file is the framefile,
and it's the bit I'm missing. :)

--

(O) e n o n e

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:45:09 GMT, "Oenone" <oenone@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Sorry if this is considered slightly off-topic but I guessed you would be
>the guys to ask. :)
>
>I recently downloaded the Space Ace flood from alt.binaries.arcade and this
>evening I excitedly unpacked it hoping to be able to play. I have a large
>number of .dat, .ogg and .m2v files which presumably make up the game
>content, I have the ROM in place, but I don't have a framefile.txt to piece
>all of the files together.
>
>Does anyone know where I can obtain this file?
>
>My thanks in advance to anyone that can help,

You can create your own frame file
There in the FAQ at the daphne website........

http://www.daphne-emu.com/disc2mpeg.php#framefile

PRoToCoL wrote:
> You can create your own frame file
> There in the FAQ at the daphne website........
> http://www.daphne-emu.com/disc2mpeg.php#framefile

I had already read that, but unfortunately to build the framefile as
described I would need access to the original laserdisc, which I don't have.

I can try to guess the order in which the parts are supposed to be sequenced
by the filenames, but I don't have any way to know how many frames are
actually in each file..?

--

(O) e n o n e

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:45:09 GMT, "Oenone" <oenone@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Sorry if this is considered slightly off-topic but I guessed you would be
>the guys to ask. :)
>
>I recently downloaded the Space Ace flood from alt.binaries.arcade and this
>evening I excitedly unpacked it hoping to be able to play. I have a large
>number of .dat, .ogg and .m2v files which presumably make up the game
>content, I have the ROM in place, but I don't have a framefile.txt to piece
>all of the files together.
>
>Does anyone know where I can obtain this file?
>
>My thanks in advance to anyone that can help,

Here you go

begin 644 lair.txt
I13I<1&%P:&YE7$1R86=O;B=S($QA:7)<#0HQ-3$@(&QA:7(N;3)V#0H`
`