Sign in with
Your question

How to restore windows without loggin in acer

Last response: in Windows 7
February 15, 2011 6:21:58 AM

Hello,i have a problem with my acer laptop . neither it gives me access to Safe boot menu ...my laptop start but after a sec of start black screen apperas ...and nothing more
..Please help me...
a c 206 D Laptop
a c 354 $ Windows 7
February 15, 2011 12:59:02 PM

Sounds more of a hardware issue than a Windows issue. Are all the lights on normally even is the screen is black (hard drive, power, charging, wi fi, etc...)?

Try using an external monitor with the laptop. If the external monitor works, you probably need to look into replacing your laptop screen, or at least the inverter.

You can also try to reset the BIOS. Unplug the battery, open up the case to get to the BIOS battery, remove that for a few seconds. You should be able to find the manual for your model on Acer's support site to find out how to get to the BIOS battery.
m
l
February 15, 2011 4:14:19 PM

Hi,

Start your Computer Safe Mode with Command Prompt >> type this Command c:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe after that your System Restore Point will open........

then you will able to Restore your Operating System through Restore Point.
m
l
a c 206 D Laptop
a c 354 $ Windows 7
February 15, 2011 4:37:27 PM

purushottamaher said:
Hi,

Start your Computer Safe Mode with Command Prompt >> type this Command c:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe after that your System Restore Point will open........

then you will able to Restore your Operating System through Restore Point.

Good idea, except he can't get to safe mode.
m
l
Related resources
!