Fan controller sensors too big for CPU?

I bought a fan controller for four fans. Was disappointed with it, as the
sensors, while small, are much too big to mount between the CPU socket and
the CPU (XP3000). Definitely not designed for CPU temp monitoring! There
are definitely tiny sensors designed for this, such as the one which comes
with a Volcano 9 HSF. Also, it is just an on/off control, it will not vary
the fan speed. Is there a front-mounting fan control with readout that does
meet my criteria?

On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:33:59 -0500, "Jim Caldwell"
<Jamesw@grandecom.net> wrote:

>I bought a fan controller for four fans. Was disappointed with it, as the
>sensors, while small, are much too big to mount between the CPU socket and

Between the pins - - - underneath - - - the CPU !

>the CPU (XP3000). Definitely not designed for CPU temp monitoring! There
>are definitely tiny sensors designed for this, such as the one which comes
>with a Volcano 9 HSF. Also, it is just an on/off control, it will not vary
>the fan speed. Is there a front-mounting fan control with readout that does
>meet my criteria?

Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro (OA-002-AK)

here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Akasa.html

BoroLad

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:33:59 -0500, "Jim Caldwell"
> <Jamesw@grandecom.net> wrote:
>
> >I bought a fan controller for four fans. Was disappointed with it, as the
> >sensors, while small, are much too big to mount between the CPU socket
and

> Between the pins - - - underneath - - - the CPU !
>
> >the CPU (XP3000). Definitely not designed for CPU temp monitoring! There
> >are definitely tiny sensors designed for this, such as the one which
comes
> >with a Volcano 9 HSF. Also, it is just an on/off control, it will not
vary
> >the fan speed. Is there a front-mounting fan control with readout that
does
> >meet my criteria?
>
> Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro (OA-002-AK)
>
> here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Akasa.html
>
> BoroLad

I have a Thermaltake Hardcano 9 with one probe that I push under the
heatsink.
The tip touches the edge of the CPU and gives me a reading within 1 degree
C. of what BIOS indicates.
Good enough for me.

Rick

Stu

try cooler masters aerogate II , I have just got
one and think it is great ;-)