Extremely Slow Rip - sometimes

I am having problems ripping with WMA to my hard drive for storing music
files in MP3. It is a Dell running XP home. Sometimes the CD rips like
nobodys business, but other times its like a snail pace, almost 2 X
longer to rip than it takes to play. Is this disc, machine or software
or operator?

Any help would be appreciated.

buster

--
buster66

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I am having problems ripping with WMA to my hard drive for
> storing music
> files in MP3. It is a Dell running XP home. Sometimes the CD
> rips like
> nobodys business, but other times its like a snail pace,
> almost 2 X
> longer to rip than it takes to play. Is this disc, machine or
> software
> or operator?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> buster
>

> --
> buster66

"I am having problems ripping with WMA to my hard drive for storing
music files in MP3."

Sorry for been so pedantic (again) but you must be ripping them in WMA
as WMP dose not alow for MP3 ripping, unless of course you use a
diffrent program to convert the WMAs tp MP3s. ANy way, you should try
using a diffrent program to rip them, you should try Real Player, plus
real player actualy alows you to save then as MP3 whihc is supported
by all MP3 players, where as WMA is not always supported as companies
that want to use WMA have to pay microsoft royalies.

FREE version of Real Player:
http://uk.real.com/player/?&src=ZG.uk.rp.rp.hd.def

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Extremely-Slow-Rip-ftopict398118.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1313970

Actually WMP 10 does rip CD audio to MP3 if one has an mp3 pack installed.

I do, but honestly cannot remember where I got mine from. It was online on
some Windows XP Tweak website, AFAIR. :)

Janus

"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > I am having problems ripping with WMA to my hard drive for
> > storing music
> > files in MP3. It is a Dell running XP home. Sometimes the CD
> > rips like
> > nobodys business, but other times its like a snail pace,
> > almost 2 X
> > longer to rip than it takes to play. Is this disc, machine or
> > software
> > or operator?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > buster
> >

> > --
> > buster66
>
> "I am having problems ripping with WMA to my hard drive for storing
> music files in MP3."
>
> Sorry for been so pedantic (again) but you must be ripping them in WMA
> as WMP dose not alow for MP3 ripping, unless of course you use a
> diffrent program to convert the WMAs tp MP3s. ANy way, you should try
> using a diffrent program to rip them, you should try Real Player, plus
> real player actualy alows you to save then as MP3 whihc is supported
> by all MP3 players, where as WMA is not always supported as companies
> that want to use WMA have to pay microsoft royalies.
>
> FREE version of Real Player:
> http://uk.real.com/player/?&src=ZG.uk.rp.rp.hd.def

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Extremely-Slow-Rip-ftopict398118.html

Some CD/DVD drive manufacturer purposely places a RIP SPEED limit in their
drive. They "seem" to think that no one will want to RIP faster. Check
with the "The Firmware Page" for more info.