Westell Router

I have just gone DSL with Verizon including the Westell 327W supplied router
and the included wireless feature. I have an xp desktop and w98se laptop.
Internet and sharing files work. I can not get the printer to share. I
have tried to no avail after trying suggestion after suggestion from this
newsgroup.
I would like any comment on the possible that some settings on the router
plays some funtion. I went to the router configuration and noticed the
comment, "Please select which device will share your single static IP". The
choices are:

A. user configued PC
B. Desk top
C. Laptop

Is a choice possibly relevent to my printer sharing problem or shall I
continue to try some of your newer newsgroup suggestions.

How is the printer physically connected?