External HDD security

I have thumbdrive which everytime I plug it in, I'll need to key in my
password in order to unlock and use it. It's just a locking software
come with the thumbdrive when I bought it. The locking software is
reside in the thumbdrive itself, so whatever PC it pluged into, it will
work.

Is there any similar software or protection method applicable to
external harddisk?

I just bought an enternal hard disk and I wish to have the same
protection against it.

Peter CCH

Steganos Security Suite
http://www.steganos.com/?product=SSS7&language=en&layout=web2005