BSOD - IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Recently installed a new SATA harddrive and clean install of Windows XP.

Now when I insert the USB2 memory stick I get the Blue Screen of Death with
the message "IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

I have searched and found that one issue can be the USB drive. Never had
this problem before I installed the new drive.

It certainly appears to be the USB as I now get a "New hardware" message
when I insert the stick - I have never had this massage before just the
usual box asking if I want to open the folders.

How can I install new USB drives to see if this solves it?

The MB is an ASUS P4S8X with SiS USB Enhanced Host Controllers.

PeterH

Usually means hardware problem(s)
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-20,GGLD:en&q=IRQL%5FLESS%5FOR%5FEQUAL
--