When i started up my computer and my monitor wend on, there suddenly was a
thin green line on my screen, i thing its a mistake in my monitor because it
is there all the time. What should i do?

Malke

Kimsie wrote:

> When i started up my computer and my monitor wend on, there suddenly
> was a thin green line on my screen, i thing its a mistake in my
> monitor because it is there all the time. What should i do?

To determine whether the problem is with your monitor or your video
card, attach the computer to a different monitor. If there is no
problem, you know your original monitor needs to be replaced.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Ive seen this issue before a couple of times. Most of the time, its been with
the video card overheating.

Lewi wrote:

> Ive seen this issue before a couple of times. Most of the time, its
> been with the video card overheating.

That's why you do the troubleshooting by attaching the computer to
another monitor. If the problem is still there, then you know it is the
video card.

> "Kimsie" wrote:
>
>> When i started up my computer and my monitor wend on, there suddenly
>> was a thin green line on my screen, i thing its a mistake in my
>> monitor because it is there all the time. What should i do?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

maybe,the mistake on your graphics controller,pls update the drivers.if the
symptom all the same,find the new one!!!