AMD ME!!

I thinking about re-building another computer, well, not really.
More like in a way building a new one, I have a 2000+ I'm not using, and
soon I'll have some ram I won't be using anymore.
The problem is what board, the ram is Kingston Value Ram PC3200 (DDR400)
I just ordered Kingmax PC2700 for this P4, cause I'm going to use the
PC2100
for my Dual Xeon 2.66 GHz and I ordered a total of 512MB in two sticks, of
course for
using Dual Channel modes. The Kingston is 2x128 for a total of 256 MB

What I'm thinking is maybe Gigabyte Dual Bios MB.
My 8IG1000 Pro has always been good for me, maybe
I should get another one, but for an AMD.
I also read somewhere that MSI Has a few "Really" Good MB's, but
with less cost then a Gigabyte.
Much Thanks In Advanced.
Dennis E Strausser Jr (Denny. :)

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

I'd be looking for the newest nforce2 chipset mobos with the new features
nvidia announced recently. Either that or dump it all and get a good 754
motherboard and 2800+ athlon64.

rms

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> I'd be looking for the newest nforce2 chipset mobos with the new features
> nvidia announced recently. Either that or dump it all and get a good 754
> motherboard and 2800+ athlon64.
>
> rms

Seems then MSI Is the way to go, or do you know of any other MB's that have
a good nforce2 chipset on them?
The one I had been looking at on newegg.com had a Dram Clock Option, not
many AMD Boards have this from what I know.
I don't know if it means you can change the bus speed though, if you can,
it makes it a Very good MB for everything.
Almost might as well get two, and use the other one for my AMD 2200+

Denny. :)

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> Seems then MSI Is the way to go, or do you know of any other MB's that
have
> a good nforce2 chipset on them?

The Abit NF7-S is the obvious choice. Mine, running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz,
is the best mobo I've ever had.

rms

> The Abit NF7-S is the obvious choice. Mine, running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz,
> is the best mobo I've ever had.

Is it better than the NF7-SL?

"Josef Varela" <darkpepe@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > The Abit NF7-S is the obvious choice. Mine, running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz,
> > is the best mobo I've ever had.
>
> Is it better than the NF7-SL?

TY Very Much.
And since that there's the 64Bit Chips out there, it's taking heat off of
even stuff like this.
That is a very sweet board. And costs less then 100$ on newegg.com
Denny. :)

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

"Josef Varela" <darkpepe@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > The Abit NF7-S is the obvious choice. Mine, running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz,
> > is the best mobo I've ever had.
>
> Is it better than the NF7-SL?

The SL should be *less* I believe, and doesn't include the Serriel I/O
adaptor.

rms

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" <dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote in message
: "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
: news:RW7vc.679$aY5.231@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
: > I'd be looking for the newest nforce2 chipset mobos with the new
features
: > nvidia announced recently. Either that or dump it all and get a good
754
: > motherboard and 2800+ athlon64.
: >
: > rms
: >
: >
: Seems then MSI Is the way to go, or do you know of any other MB's that
have
: a good nforce2 chipset on them?
: The one I had been looking at on newegg.com had a Dram Clock Option, not
: many AMD Boards have this from what I know.
: I don't know if it means you can change the bus speed though, if you
can,
: it makes it a Very good MB for everything.
: Almost might as well get two, and use the other one for my AMD 2200+
:

The Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce Chipset 400 FSB Dual channel
allows dual channel memory management and full oc support.
Not sure if AMD will keep developing the 462 cpu's or whether they
will shift away from them in favour of the 64 bit 754's.

: Seems then MSI Is the way to go, or do you know of any other MB's that
have
: a good nforce2 chipset on them?
: The one I had been looking at on newegg.com had a Dram Clock Option, not
: many AMD Boards have this from what I know.
: I don't know if it means you can change the bus speed though, if you
can,
: it makes it a Very good MB for everything.
: Almost might as well get two, and use the other one for my AMD 2200+
:

..The Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce Chipset 400 FSB Dual channel
..allows dual channel memory management and full oc support.
..Not sure if AMD will keep developing the 462 cpu's or whether they
..will shift away from them in favour of the 64 bit 754's.

Looks like the 754 will be the new socket for the athlon and the 939 will
replace the 754 athlon 64 sockets. The 939 is their socket of choice for their
performance CPU's. DOUG

"Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message
: >
: : Seems then MSI Is the way to go, or do you know of any other MB's that
: have
: : a good nforce2 chipset on them?
: : The one I had been looking at on newegg.com had a Dram Clock Option, not
: : many AMD Boards have this from what I know.
: : I don't know if it means you can change the bus speed though, if you
: can,
: : it makes it a Very good MB for everything.
: : Almost might as well get two, and use the other one for my AMD 2200+
: :
:
: .The Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce Chipset 400 FSB Dual channel
: .allows dual channel memory management and full oc support.
: .Not sure if AMD will keep developing the 462 cpu's or whether they
: .will shift away from them in favour of the 64 bit 754's.

That's a very important question for me at present, as I'm looking to
upgrade and would prefer to keep the same m/b for a couple of years.

: