Recommend a basketball game other than NBA Jam?

Last response: in Video Games
April 26, 2005 6:22:49 PM

Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
"Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
other recommendations?

- Capn Stoobie.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:22:50 PM

Capn Stoobie wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
> other recommendations?
>
> - Capn Stoobie.

Arch Rivals
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:22:50 PM

Try Double Dribble. It's a bit old school, but still tons of fun!

AliceA

Get paid to Google: http://netbux.org/?r=56515
April 26, 2005 6:22:51 PM

usenet played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
concrete saxophone

> Capn Stoobie wrote:
>> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
>> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
>> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
>> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
>> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
>> other recommendations?
>>
>> - Capn Stoobie.
>
> Arch Rivals

Street Hoops should run just fine. Arch rivals is good too.

--
Neil
April 26, 2005 6:22:52 PM

"Dire Radiant" <visionism@geemale.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.04.26.05.14.25.15000@geemale.com...
> usenet played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
> concrete saxophone
>
>> Capn Stoobie wrote:
>>> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
>>> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
>>> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
>>> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
>>> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
>>> other recommendations?
>>>
>>> - Capn Stoobie.
>>
>> Arch Rivals
>
> Street Hoops should run just fine. Arch rivals is good too.
>
> --
> Neil
Super basketball by Konami

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:23:24 PM

"SyVyN11" <711robhorine@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Super basketball by Konami

That's a personal favorite of mine. :-)
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:05:40 PM

Verily, it was written by Capn Stoobie <capnSAYNOTOSPAMstoobie@hotmail.com>:
> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
> other recommendations?
>
> - Capn Stoobie.
My favorite has alwaye been 'Double Dribble', by Konami. Extra points
in that it uses digitized (and highly stylized) video of Spud Webb and
'Nique Wilkins in the 1986 NBA All-Star Slam Dunk contest.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:25:56 AM

"The Captain" <thecaptain@captain.com> wrote in news:w9sbe.1067$fh.764
@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

> "SyVyN11" <711robhorine@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>> Super basketball by Konami
>
> That's a personal favorite of mine. :-)

Atari Basketball rules! ;-)

Actually, Jump Shot is fun playing with two players. Reminds me of when I
used to play a lot of "One on One" basketball on the Commodore 64.

But as others have said, Arch Rivals will probably be your number one
choice on the hardware you have.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:32:59 AM

Capn Stoobie wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
> other recommendations?
>
> - Capn Stoobie.

Run 'n' Gun
It's _the_ basketball arcade game.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:33:48 AM

"jimini" <jimini10nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Capn Stoobie wrote:
>> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
>> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
>> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
>> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think it
>> should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
>> other recommendations?
>>
>> - Capn Stoobie.
>
> Run 'n' Gun
> It's _the_ basketball arcade game.

Probably won't run that great on the Athlon 800Mhz, which is probably why no
one said it sooner.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:13:57 PM

Capn Stoobie wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good basketball game other than the NBA Jam
> series. I like NBA Jam but the Athlon 800mhz I have in my cab can't run
> it full speed unfortunately, so I'm looking for a good substitute.
> "Street Hoop" has been recommended, and as it's a neo-geo game I think
> it should run ok on my setup (I'll try it when I get home tonight). Any
> other recommendations?
>
> - Capn Stoobie.

Thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions. I tried them all and have
settled on Street Hoop as being the best for me. Pretty similar to NBA
Jam (though still not quite as good IMO).

- Stoobie.
!