Athlon 2800 xp but what board

Stu

Thinking of getting a 2800xp Barton's,but what boards would
really complement this processor to it's best ability

thanks for your input

stu

Ed

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:56:41 +0100, "stu" <stu@home.com> wrote:

>Thinking of getting a 2800xp Barton's,but what boards would
>really complement this processor to it's best ability
>

>thanks for your input
>
>stu

Just about any trusted name brand motherboard with the Nvidia nForce 2
Ultra 400 chipset would be my choice.

FWIW, I've been running an ASUS A7N8X v2.00, Corsair XMS PC3200 and a
Barton 2800+ 333FSB(@ 3200+ and faster speeds) for just over a year now
and it's been absolutely flawless for me.

Cheers,
Ed

"stu" <stu@home.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of getting a 2800xp Barton's,but what boards would
> really complement this processor to it's best ability

SOLTEK 75FRN2-RL hands down. Yeah, yeah it's a last year's model, but this
board kicks ass for flexibility, features, and ease of use. I just happen

Course you could buy a DFI for a bit less money than I'd want for it. as
I've also got an unlocked Barton 2500XP waiting to be built. Would part
with both as a set, or board alone, but not the chip alone.
Mark