Wireless Networking/Shared Printer

I'm running 2 desktops. One with Windows XP Prof and the other with Windows
XP Home. I've got a Wireless ADSL Modem router which is working fine on both
systems. I'm now having difficultity setting up my Epson 875DC Printer to be
shared with both systems. I believe I've go the correct settings re my
printer, but I don't believe my other system with XP Home can see my printer
which is attached by a USB port to my other printer. Can anyone assist? I
would be extremely grateful for any advice.

Mitch
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless networking shared printer

    Hi

    If both computers can access the Internet then your problem is Not with the
    Wireless.

    You need to set the Sharing of both computers.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mitch" <Mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running 2 desktops. One with Windows XP Prof and the other with
    Windows
    > XP Home. I've got a Wireless ADSL Modem router which is working fine on
    both
    > systems. I'm now having difficultity setting up my Epson 875DC Printer to
    be
    > shared with both systems. I believe I've go the correct settings re my
    > printer, but I don't believe my other system with XP Home can see my
    printer
    > which is attached by a USB port to my other printer. Can anyone assist? I
    > would be extremely grateful for any advice.
    >
    > Mitch

    you hav to right click on it and set the haring options to allow you to share
    it... NB firewalls may cause probelms in this. I had heaps of problems
    sharing printers before i because a beta tester for Network Magic then it was
    all good

    Hope that helped

    Cheers

    Quintin
    MVP wannabe

    "Mitch" wrote:

    > I'm running 2 desktops. One with Windows XP Prof and the other with Windows
    > XP Home. I've got a Wireless ADSL Modem router which is working fine on both
    > systems. I'm now having difficultity setting up my Epson 875DC Printer to be
    > shared with both systems. I believe I've go the correct settings re my
    > printer, but I don't believe my other system with XP Home can see my printer
    > which is attached by a USB port to my other printer. Can anyone assist? I
    > would be extremely grateful for any advice.
    >
    > Mitch

Wireless Printers Networking Windows XP Wireless Networking