Amd 64 new socket type 939 when and how much any mobos ?

And why a new socket any benifits, iam waiting before i upgrade :),
yes i will just need some reviews of the hardware and ill choose and
finaly upgrade, my Xp2400 266fsb system is showing its age :0

Thanks.

>And why a new socket any benifits, iam waiting before i upgrade :),
>yes i will just need some reviews of the hardware and ill choose and
>finaly upgrade, my Xp2400 266fsb system is showing its age :0

>Thanks.

2 ghz Hyper transport buss,dual channel ram,which doesnt have to be registered
ram so any good ram will work,cool and quiet which lowers the FSB when it's not
needed to keep the CPU cooler. DOUG

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:fg1vb0hgojp5bvapqtauhav71dcbpfbl7f@4ax.com...

> And why a new socket any benifits, iam waiting before i upgrade :),
> yes i will just need some reviews of the hardware and ill choose and
> finaly upgrade, my Xp2400 266fsb system is showing its age :0
>
> Thanks.

Imagine that
your waiting before you upgrade!
I wouldnt have thought that in all of the post i ever seen you make.

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:fg1vb0hgojp5bvapqtauhav71dcbpfbl7f@4ax.com...

> And why a new socket any benifits, iam waiting before i upgrade :),
> yes i will just need some reviews of the hardware and ill choose and
> finaly upgrade, my Xp2400 266fsb system is showing its age :0
>
> Thanks.

You might want to have a look at the Socket 939 CPU prices before you lock
in on that idea:

This one's the *cheapest*.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-460&depa=0

alex

Too funny !!

> Imagine that
> your waiting before you upgrade!
> I wouldnt have thought that in all of the post i ever seen you make.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Reminds me of that shampoo commercial where the guy turns old waiting for
the chick to come out :)

"Alex" <Freeflyer91@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Too funny !!
>

> > Imagine that
> > your waiting before you upgrade!
> > I wouldnt have thought that in all of the post i ever seen you make.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:46:10 -0500, "Peter van der Goes"
<p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> wrote:

>"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>message news:fg1vb0hgojp5bvapqtauhav71dcbpfbl7f@4ax.com...
>>

>> And why a new socket any benifits, iam waiting before i upgrade :),
>> yes i will just need some reviews of the hardware and ill choose and
>> finaly upgrade, my Xp2400 266fsb system is showing its age :0
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>You might want to have a look at the Socket 939 CPU prices before you lock
>in on that idea:
>
>This one's the *cheapest*.
>
>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-460&depa=0

Yeah, I thought so. The motherboards will probably be premium
pricing too.

That's why I sprang for the old amd64. CPU and motherboard for $268.

Yeah, I thought so. The motherboards will probably be premium
pricing too.

That's why I sprang for the old amd64. CPU and motherboard for $268.

Why the only difference is the CPU socket?

Where gave you been?
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040601/index.html

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I thought so. The motherboards will probably be premium
> pricing too.
>
> That's why I sprang for the old amd64. CPU and motherboard for $268.
>

> Why the only difference is the CPU socket?

Where gave you been?
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040601/index.html

--
"Duct tape is a lot like the Force. It has a Dark side, a Light side, and it
holds all the pieces of the Universe together"
"Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I thought so. The motherboards will probably be premium
> pricing too.
>
> That's why I sprang for the old amd64. CPU and motherboard for $268.
>

> Why the only difference is the CPU socket?

The only difference in the MB is the socket itself,the CPU is different but the
chip set is the same as the 754 and 940,as is the rest of the board. DOUG