new overclocked scores

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262

here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz. and I set my
settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as the
first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new 2004
version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a 200
pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher
30 answers Last reply
More about overclocked scores

    My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and testing,
    there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11, now
    having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post. I
    did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on there
    tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
    my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and asus
    get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

    that would likely be because your processor is not your bottleneck.. its
    your vid card.

    you didnt mention which one you have

    - NuTs

    "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
    testing,
    > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
    now
    > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
    > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
    there
    > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
    > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
    asus
    > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

    "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
    testing,
    > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
    now
    > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
    > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
    there
    > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
    > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
    asus
    > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

    What drivers are you using for your 9600.
    I'm running Omega drivers on my 9500 and similar CPU on an NF7.
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880818

    "NuTCrAcKeR" <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote in message
    > that would likely be because your processor is not your bottleneck.. its
    > your vid card.
    >
    > you didnt mention which one you have
    >
    > - NuTs
    >
    > "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
    > testing,
    > > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
    > now
    > > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not
    post.
    > > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    > > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
    > there
    > > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    > > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be
    leaving
    > > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
    > asus
    > > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

    Ah, NuTCrAcKeR, did you follow that link?
    He has an ATI (AIW) 9600, I'm guessing a 8X
    It also lists his OS as ME?
    The word, it's the 30th, Microsoft will no longer be supporting 95, 98
    98se (ME) or Nt4.
    NT5/2000 yes,. 2000 Pro is what I'll probably use with my Asus PC-DL
    Deluxe MB
    I'm sure WinXP would be good too.
    Also thinking about going Linux 9 for servers & workstations.
    They have tech support for it, and some nice package deals, if I could go
    with another OS for my server though, that would be nice too.
    Also thinking about going Linux 9.0 for the home user as well.
    Why linux? lots of reasons, one is it's more stable.
    I can get AVG 6 Free Edition for Linux.
    And there's lots of support for linux out there, you just have to find
    it.

    XP, going to be at least a few years before they stop supporting this one I
    think.
    Denny. :-)

    I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
    didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.

    but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

    ; )

    - NuTs

    > I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
    > didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.
    >
    > but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

    No, I don't think he did.

    Denny. :-)

    "Amir Facade" <amir_facade@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
    > testing,
    > > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
    > now
    > > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not
    post.
    > > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    > > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
    > there
    > > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    > > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be
    leaving
    > > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
    > asus
    > > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.
    > >

    > What drivers are you using for your 9600.
    > I'm running Omega drivers on my 9500 and similar CPU on an NF7.
    > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880818

    a little hard to make out, but the higher numbers are yours.
    SMash.

    Nvidia GeForce FX5200..

    Feel bad about it, I don't play enough video games that it really matters.
    Score would be better, but my poor MSI MB don't have AGP 8X support.
    Denny. :-)

    3DMark Score
    (3D marks) 5141

    14496

    Game 1 - Car Chase - Low Detail
    (FPS) 82.1

    202.1

    Game 1 - Car Chase - High Detail
    (FPS) 36.9

    71.1

    Game 2 - Dragothic - Low Detail
    (FPS) 83.6

    276.4

    Game 2 - Dragothic - High Detail
    (FPS) 34.8

    143.3

    Game 3 - Lobby - Low Detail
    (FPS) 82.5

    186.1

    Game 3 - Lobby - High Detail
    (FPS) 42.7

    82.6

    Game 4 - Nature
    (FPS) 18.6

    95.5

    Fill Rate (Single-Texturing)
    (MTexels/s) 353.8

    1563.0

    Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing)
    (MTexels/s) 870.5

    2190.9

    High Polygon Count (1 light)
    (MTriangels/s) 33.1

    68.9

    High Polygon Count (8 lights)
    (MTriangels/s) 6.1

    13.9

    Environment Bump Mapping
    (FPS) 80.2

    213.3

    DOT3 Bump Mapping
    (FPS) 44.6

    192.0

    Vertex Shader
    (FPS) 43.8

    181.2

    Pixel Shader
    (FPS) 51.2

    265.3

    Advanced Pixel Shader
    (FPS) 30.6

    170.9

    Point Sprite Speed
    (MSprites/s) 9.3

    35.0
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
    testing,
    > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
    now
    > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
    > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
    > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
    there
    > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
    > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
    > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
    asus
    > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

    You wont see any major increase in 3dmark since its really not a cpu test
    program.
    It mainley tests vid.

    Try using sandra to compare cpu points instead and see if you points go up
    on CPU alone.
    My 2500 Runs neck and neck with 3200+ scores @ 200mhz
    At 166 I see a diff with lower scores.
    OZoNE

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    ANd what will a "higher score" do for the world?

    > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
    >
    > here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
    > this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz. and I set my
    > settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
    > with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
    > they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
    > do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as
    the
    > first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new
    2004
    > version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a
    200
    > pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
    > My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
    > try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
    > thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
    > testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    I use ATI 4.3 Catalyst. Is your card made by Omega? and do you have raid
    and dual channel memory? The 9600 is an 8x AGP.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    This could be true, but my next upgrades in spring/summer of 2005 will be a
    barton 3200 followed by a 9800pro AIW or hopefully a 9800XT AIW if ati makes
    it, and its cheap enough. This way I can see just what hardware adds what to
    these benchmark scores
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
    >
    > here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
    > this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz.

    On many NF2 boards, this can hurt overclocks.
    Auto is often (though not always) better.

    and I set my
    > settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
    > with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
    > they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
    > do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as
    the
    > first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new
    2004
    > version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a
    200
    > pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
    > My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
    > try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
    > thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
    > testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
    > >
    > > here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
    > > this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz.
    >
    > On many NF2 boards, this can hurt overclocks.
    > Auto is often (though not always) better.
    >

    > and I set my
    > > settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at
    "optimum"
    > > with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I
    think
    > > they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going
    > > do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as
    > the
    > > first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new
    > 2004
    > > version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a
    > 200
    > > pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
    > > My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I
    will
    > > try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have
    > > thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
    > > testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

    locking AGP at 66Mhz is for setting FSB at outa spec speeds like 178....194
    etc.
    The auto divider works for from my understanding.
    100/133/166/200
    the numbers in between can set AGP/PCI outa whack.
    OZoNE

  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    the card is a 9500/128 meg non pro made by Sapphire. It is about 18 months
    old and one of those that can be software modded to a 9700, although it does
    not overclock hardly at all.
    Omega is a driver modification that optimizes the ATI drivers for gaming
    without losing any stability. I usually get a few hundred points higher with
    his drivers than the stock ATI drivers.
    Look here: http://www.omegacorner.com/
    The NF7 does not have RAID, but does have dual channel memory, but I am only
    using 1 stick of 3200DDR/512Mb right now.(I sacrificed a matching stick to
    my wife's upgrade, and haven't replaced it yet. LOL)

    Amir

    > I use ATI 4.3 Catalyst. Is your card made by Omega? and do you have raid
    > and dual channel memory? The 9600 is an 8x AGP.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925

    here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
    overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
    overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
    this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
    overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I raise my
    voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Win 98 and DX8 is slowing you down too.
    Still seems like were missing something though.
    I would expect higher scores from your set-up too.
    I'm running my CPU at 1.775 volts.
    I don't worry about the voltage, but I keep my CPU temps under 55C at full
    load.
    It will run stable at 200x11, but I have to run it at 1.825 and the temp get
    to 62 under full load, so I run it at 171 x 12.5 .

    > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925
    >
    > here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
    > overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
    > overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
    > this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
    > overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I raise
    my
    > voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    PS: My CPU is an unlocked Barton 2500

    > Win 98 and DX8 is slowing you down too.
    > Still seems like were missing something though.
    > I would expect higher scores from your set-up too.
    > I'm running my CPU at 1.775 volts.
    > I don't worry about the voltage, but I keep my CPU temps under 55C at full
    > load.
    > It will run stable at 200x11, but I have to run it at 1.825 and the temp
    get
    > to 62 under full load, so I run it at 171 x 12.5 .
    >

    > "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925
    > >
    > > here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
    > > overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
    > > overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
    > > this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
    > > overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I
    raise
    > my
    > > voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    correction on those benchmarks, 8658 was with all stock settings, gaining 30
    pts with the omega drivers over stock, 8793 was the bench with vicard oc'ed
    and 8833 with everything oc'ed. No matter what the 2600 doesn't want to be
    pushed. Course the asus board is using nvida 400, not the 400 ultra chipset.
    But how many excuses are there?
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > correction on those benchmarks, 8658 was with all stock settings, gaining
    30
    > pts with the omega drivers over stock, 8793 was the bench with vicard
    oc'ed
    > and 8833 with everything oc'ed. No matter what the 2600 doesn't want to be
    > pushed. Course the asus board is using nvida 400, not the 400 ultra
    chipset.
    > But how many excuses are there?

    Somethin isnt right rob.
    you seen my Ti4200 Scores under XP and DX9.0b
    there has to be a setting missing that isnt getting you at least a 13000 in
    3dmark 2001.
    And your board if it hits 200Mhz on a non 400Ultra is good.
    Some did ...some didnt.
    I ran my 2100+ @ 1.70Vcore for 2200Mhz
    My mobile barton only takes 1.65 to hit 2300Mhz (3dmark says its a duron?)

    Bios settings can and will effect some benchmarks.
    you seem to have a serious bottleneck to vid somewhere.
    try Sisofe Sandra and post your cpu scores....Im betting they are pretty
    decent.
    OZoNE

  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    In XP my scores are 400 points higher, So this does account for some of the
    points I lost. Same bench in xp is 9238
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    I think the bottle neck is my motherboard. will be finding out, although I
    think you just said it.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    yes my sisandra scores for cpu are right up there with the fx-51, I just
    don't like leaving it so overclocked when I'm just watching tv or listening
    to mp3s, and as was mentioned my barton is locked apparently "laser locked"
    from factory, I'm going to chech out www.extremeoverclockers.com
    and see if there is a work around. If I could get the asus to auto recognize
    the cpu as 3200 barton with proper settings I would leave it.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    oops bad site.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Sitting reading everyone elses posts, I think I figured out where more then
    one
    of my problems is.
    My AMD board is Old MSI KM2M Combo, with no support for AGP 8X
    A Computer shop owner had a problem with one of these, there was something
    so
    wrong with the board, it caught fire.

    My second problem is I don't think this board runs ram in full Dual Channel
    modes.
    Ever since finding out what a difference it makes to run full dual channel
    mode, I try to buy all
    my memory in pairs.
    Any ways, I'm going to try pushing this PC2700 (DDR333) a little harder
    yet.
    Wish me luck.
    Denny. :-)
  25. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Robert wrote:
    > yes my sisandra scores for cpu are right up there with the fx-51, I
    > just don't like leaving it so overclocked when I'm just watching tv
    > or listening to mp3s, and as was mentioned my barton is locked
    > apparently "laser locked"

    No, IIRC your Barton is die-locked (also called superlocked). There's a big
    difference. The only way to "unlock" these is to turn them into a mobile by
    modding the L5, and sometimes (depending on the board) the L6 and L8
    bridges. Unfortunately the NVidia chipsets don't support mobiles (or noone
    has figured out how to make it work with them yet). Trying to change the
    multiplier through PowerNow results in a system hang so in your case you're
    stuck with what you've got.

    [...]

    --
    Michael Brown
  26. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    thanks
  27. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
    > bridges. Unfortunately the NVidia chipsets don't support
    mobiles (or noone
    > has figured out how to make it work with them yet). Trying
    to change the
    > multiplier through PowerNow results in a system hang so in
    your case you're
    > stuck with what you've got.

    Nvidia chipsets do not support mobile processors? So an
    AMD 2600+ Mobile won't work on a Shuttle AN35N Nforce2 Ultra
    400 MB?
    Huh? I wonder how I did it then. ;-)
    I think you mean they don't support PowerNow.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Larz50" <imat@home.net> wrote in message

    > "Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
    > > bridges. Unfortunately the NVidia chipsets don't support
    > mobiles (or noone
    > > has figured out how to make it work with them yet). Trying
    > to change the
    > > multiplier through PowerNow results in a system hang so in
    > your case you're
    > > stuck with what you've got.
    >
    > Nvidia chipsets do not support mobile processors? So an
    > AMD 2600+ Mobile won't work on a Shuttle AN35N Nforce2 Ultra
    > 400 MB?
    > Huh? I wonder how I did it then. ;-)
    > I think you mean they don't support PowerNow.

    I believe Michael meant that Nvidia chipsets don't support 'Power Now'
    multiplier changing with Mobile Processors, so unlike some chipsets you
    can't use the 'Mobile mod' on locked desktop cpu's.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > NT5/2000 yes,. 2000 Pro is what I'll probably use with my Asus PC-DL
    > Deluxe MB
    > I'm sure WinXP would be good too.
    ..
    ..
    ..

    > Denny. :-)

    All things being constant except O.S., PC-DL is about 15%-20% slower
    on W2K than on XP. HT effect!
  30. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "D.R." <bo2k2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > NT5/2000 yes,. 2000 Pro is what I'll probably use with my Asus
    PC-DL
    > > Deluxe MB
    > > I'm sure WinXP would be good too.
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    > > Denny. :-)
    >
    > All things being constant except O.S., PC-DL is about 15%-20% slower
    > on W2K than on XP. HT effect!

    Old thread, but.
    I'm thinking about that already.
    I really do like XP Pro, so I'm going to be buying more then one.
    TY
    Denny. :-) ;-) High on life @ the time, not drugs. But some drugs
    are not so bad.

AMD Overclocking