Robert

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262

here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz. and I set my
settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as the
first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new 2004
version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a 200
pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

Robert

My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and testing,
there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11, now
having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post. I
did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on there
tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and asus
get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

that would likely be because your processor is not your bottleneck.. its
your vid card.

you didnt mention which one you have

- NuTs

"Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
testing,
> there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
now
> having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
> did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
> MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
there
> tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
> gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
> my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
asus
> get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

"Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
testing,
> there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
now
> having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
> did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
> MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
there
> tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
> gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
> my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
asus
> get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

What drivers are you using for your 9600.
I'm running Omega drivers on my 9500 and similar CPU on an NF7.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880818

"NuTCrAcKeR" <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote in message
> that would likely be because your processor is not your bottleneck.. its
> your vid card.
>
> you didnt mention which one you have
>
> - NuTs
>
> "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
> testing,
> > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
> now
> > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not
post.
> > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
> > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
> there
> > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
> > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be
leaving
> > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
> asus
> > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

Ah, NuTCrAcKeR, did you follow that link?
He has an ATI (AIW) 9600, I'm guessing a 8X
It also lists his OS as ME?
The word, it's the 30th, Microsoft will no longer be supporting 95, 98
98se (ME) or Nt4.
NT5/2000 yes,. 2000 Pro is what I'll probably use with my Asus PC-DL
Deluxe MB
I'm sure WinXP would be good too.
Also thinking about going Linux 9 for servers & workstations.
They have tech support for it, and some nice package deals, if I could go
with another OS for my server though, that would be nice too.
Also thinking about going Linux 9.0 for the home user as well.
Why linux? lots of reasons, one is it's more stable.
I can get AVG 6 Free Edition for Linux.
And there's lots of support for linux out there, you just have to find
it.

XP, going to be at least a few years before they stop supporting this one I
think.
Denny. :)

I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.

but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

; )

- NuTs

> I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
> didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.
>
> but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

No, I don't think he did.

Denny. :)

"Amir Facade" <amir_facade@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
> testing,
> > there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
> now
> > having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not
post.
> > did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
> > MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
> there
> > tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
> > gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be
leaving
> > my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
> asus
> > get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.
> >

> What drivers are you using for your 9600.
> I'm running Omega drivers on my 9500 and similar CPU on an NF7.
> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880818

a little hard to make out, but the higher numbers are yours.
SMash.

Nvidia GeForce FX5200..

Feel bad about it, I don't play enough video games that it really matters.
Score would be better, but my poor MSI MB don't have AGP 8X support.
Denny. :)

3DMark Score
(3D marks) 5141

14496

Game 1 - Car Chase - Low Detail
(FPS) 82.1

202.1

Game 1 - Car Chase - High Detail
(FPS) 36.9

71.1

Game 2 - Dragothic - Low Detail
(FPS) 83.6

276.4

Game 2 - Dragothic - High Detail
(FPS) 34.8

143.3

Game 3 - Lobby - Low Detail
(FPS) 82.5

186.1

Game 3 - Lobby - High Detail
(FPS) 42.7

82.6

Game 4 - Nature
(FPS) 18.6

95.5

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing)
(MTexels/s) 353.8

1563.0

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing)
(MTexels/s) 870.5

2190.9

High Polygon Count (1 light)
(MTriangels/s) 33.1

68.9

High Polygon Count (8 lights)
(MTriangels/s) 6.1

13.9

Environment Bump Mapping
(FPS) 80.2

213.3

DOT3 Bump Mapping
(FPS) 44.6

192.0

Vertex Shader
(FPS) 43.8

181.2

Pixel Shader
(FPS) 51.2

265.3

Advanced Pixel Shader
(FPS) 30.6

170.9

Point Sprite Speed
(MSprites/s) 9.3

35.0

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

"Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and
testing,
> there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,
now
> having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.
> did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
> MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on
there
> tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
> gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
> my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and
asus
> get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

You wont see any major increase in 3dmark since its really not a cpu test
program.
It mainley tests vid.

Try using sandra to compare cpu points instead and see if you points go up
on CPU alone.
My 2500 Runs neck and neck with 3200+ scores @ 200mhz
At 166 I see a diff with lower scores.
OZoNE

ANd what will a "higher score" do for the world?

> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
>
> here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
> this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz. and I set my
> settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
> with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
> they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
> do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as
the
> first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new
2004
> version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a
200
> pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
> My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
> try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
> thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
> testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

Robert

I use ATI 4.3 Catalyst. Is your card made by Omega? and do you have raid
and dual channel memory? The 9600 is an 8x AGP.

Robert

This could be true, but my next upgrades in spring/summer of 2005 will be a
barton 3200 followed by a 9800pro AIW or hopefully a 9800XT AIW if ati makes
it, and its cheap enough. This way I can see just what hardware adds what to
these benchmark scores

"Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
>
> here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
> this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz.

On many NF2 boards, this can hurt overclocks.
Auto is often (though not always) better.

"Scumball" <scumball@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262
> >
> > here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
> > this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz.
>
> On many NF2 boards, this can hurt overclocks.
> Auto is often (though not always) better.
>

> and I set my
> > settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at
"optimum"
> > with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I
think
> > they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going
> > do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as
> the
> > first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new
> 2004
> > version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a
> 200
> > pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
> > My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I
will
> > try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have
> > thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
> > testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

locking AGP at 66Mhz is for setting FSB at outa spec speeds like 178....194
etc.
The auto divider works for from my understanding.
100/133/166/200
the numbers in between can set AGP/PCI outa whack.
OZoNE

the card is a 9500/128 meg non pro made by Sapphire. It is about 18 months
old and one of those that can be software modded to a 9700, although it does
not overclock hardly at all.
Omega is a driver modification that optimizes the ATI drivers for gaming
without losing any stability. I usually get a few hundred points higher with
his drivers than the stock ATI drivers.
Look here: http://www.omegacorner.com/
The NF7 does not have RAID, but does have dual channel memory, but I am only
using 1 stick of 3200DDR/512Mb right now.(I sacrificed a matching stick to
my wife's upgrade, and haven't replaced it yet. LOL)

Amir

> I use ATI 4.3 Catalyst. Is your card made by Omega? and do you have raid
> and dual channel memory? The 9600 is an 8x AGP.

Robert

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925

here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I raise my
voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.

Win 98 and DX8 is slowing you down too.
Still seems like were missing something though.
I would expect higher scores from your set-up too.
I'm running my CPU at 1.775 volts.
I don't worry about the voltage, but I keep my CPU temps under 55C at full
load.
It will run stable at 200x11, but I have to run it at 1.825 and the temp get
to 62 under full load, so I run it at 171 x 12.5 .

> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925
>
> here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
> overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
> overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
> this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
> overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I raise
my
> voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.

PS: My CPU is an unlocked Barton 2500

> Win 98 and DX8 is slowing you down too.
> Still seems like were missing something though.
> I would expect higher scores from your set-up too.
> I'm running my CPU at 1.775 volts.
> I don't worry about the voltage, but I keep my CPU temps under 55C at full
> load.
> It will run stable at 200x11, but I have to run it at 1.825 and the temp
get
> to 62 under full load, so I run it at 171 x 12.5 .
>

> "Robert" <rvanss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7882925
> >
> > here are my new benchmarks using omega drivers with the video car
> > overclocked from 324 engine to 330 and 195 ram to 199. just the vid car
> > overclock I got 8658. At 200fsb with voltage at 1.70 I got what you saw.
> > this is only a 13 pt difference from stock drivers with no vid card
> > overclock. with only a 1.65 voltage the benchmark crashed. Should I
raise
> my
> > voltage more? Don't know if I want to risk it.

Robert

correction on those benchmarks, 8658 was with all stock settings, gaining 30
pts with the omega drivers over stock, 8793 was the bench with vicard oc'ed
and 8833 with everything oc'ed. No matter what the 2600 doesn't want to be
pushed. Course the asus board is using nvida 400, not the 400 ultra chipset.
But how many excuses are there?

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

> correction on those benchmarks, 8658 was with all stock settings, gaining
30
> pts with the omega drivers over stock, 8793 was the bench with vicard
oc'ed
> and 8833 with everything oc'ed. No matter what the 2600 doesn't want to be
> pushed. Course the asus board is using nvida 400, not the 400 ultra
chipset.
> But how many excuses are there?

Somethin isnt right rob.
you seen my Ti4200 Scores under XP and DX9.0b
there has to be a setting missing that isnt getting you at least a 13000 in
3dmark 2001.
And your board if it hits 200Mhz on a non 400Ultra is good.
Some did ...some didnt.
I ran my 2100+ @ 1.70Vcore for 2200Mhz
My mobile barton only takes 1.65 to hit 2300Mhz (3dmark says its a duron?)

Bios settings can and will effect some benchmarks.
you seem to have a serious bottleneck to vid somewhere.
try Sisofe Sandra and post your cpu scores....Im betting they are pretty
decent.
OZoNE

Robert

In XP my scores are 400 points higher, So this does account for some of the
points I lost. Same bench in xp is 9238

Robert

yes my sisandra scores for cpu are right up there with the fx-51, I just
don't like leaving it so overclocked when I'm just watching tv or listening
to mp3s, and as was mentioned my barton is locked apparently "laser locked"
from factory, I'm going to chech out www.extremeoverclockers.com
and see if there is a work around. If I could get the asus to auto recognize
the cpu as 3200 barton with proper settings I would leave it.

Sitting reading everyone elses posts, I think I figured out where more then
one
of my problems is.
My AMD board is Old MSI KM2M Combo, with no support for AGP 8X
A Computer shop owner had a problem with one of these, there was something
so
wrong with the board, it caught fire.

My second problem is I don't think this board runs ram in full Dual Channel
modes.
Ever since finding out what a difference it makes to run full dual channel
mode, I try to buy all
my memory in pairs.
Any ways, I'm going to try pushing this PC2700 (DDR333) a little harder
yet.
Wish me luck.
Denny. :)